Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 03:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee won't start

Coil wire resistance huh? ok, i have checked stater, not coil or cdi box... that cause's this problem?, and how would i check that?, thanks alot man

Old 04-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

what is proper resistance on those? or can i find it in the book?

Old 04-28-2003, 10:40 AM
Trailblazer

BitchenBanshee,

Did you fix this problem with Banshee not starting?
If so, what did you find?

Regards,

-map

Old 04-28-2003, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey i suggest you check if you flooded ur carb, b/c my blaster wouldnt start for bout a week and i think it was cuz my carb was flooded.....i suggest you kick it with ur gas off turn it on then kick that **** again. Good Luck man i know its annoying when that stuff happens. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2003, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

I had the same problem when I had a banshee and it turned out to be clooged gas line... go figure

Old 04-29-2003, 02:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

no i have not fixed the piece of sh*t, i am becoming very frustrated, any ideas?, thanks...

Old 04-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

Do you have the carbtors removed, if so a friend of mine could not start his up after sitting for about a month. We tried everything CDI Box, Stator, wiring harness, etc. Well it all boiled down to the wires that unpluged from the tors, he tied them together and everything atarted to work again. Don't ask me why or how, cuz I don't know.

Old 04-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

i'll check it out, did it run once he got it started though?, mine does, it just doesn't want to start after sitting for more than 10 -15 minutes, THANKS

Old 03-11-2008, 01:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]I have a 2005 Banshee with a-lot of mods on it,It is hard to start in cold weather,or when it has sat a-few days,I have to Pull choke out full,open thottle full leave key off, kick 3+4+5 times over, close thottle,turn key on,leave choke full out,and start it,let run till it picks up RPM,s then push in choke,Rev it a few times then just let it idle and warm up some!!!!!!!!!!!! After it gets hot it will start first kick,no thottle,Bored to 65.50,Noss head with 20mm domes,Ported and polished Jugs,145PSI,FMF fatty,s and sileners,after market Hot CDI unit,Tors removed,It is a blast to ride, But it can be a pain to start!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 2 Honda EX400,s that are bullet proof,they can sat for months and if the battery is up choke them, start,warm up a-little and Just ride The Snot out of them, put them up, and do it again, and,again!!!! Also I run 320#mains&30#Idles in the Banshee at high desert 3000+ft above sea level, and 270# mains at sea level,Banshee,s arent a turn Key and ride bike.IMHO.Eddie.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Range Rover

i would check to see if you have the carb bowls on the right side, take the carbs off, get the TORS removal kit, spend an hour of your time installing it and cleaning the carb and all the jets shoul be takin out and sprayed clear, you should never need to give it gas while trying to start it, all you should have to do is shake it to mix the gas some more, pull choke out to the first slot or last slot, pump the gas 2 times and give it a few slow kits and then one good one should get it fired, if you have the wrong bowls on then the choke will not activate, its on the left carb there is a brass tube that th other one doesnt have, it goes down into a hole in the bowl, that hole that the tube goes down should have a small whole in the bottom, if not then its the wrong bowl

good luck

Quick Reply: Banshee won't start