CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Trade in

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade in

Howdy all Can-Am riders. This is my first official post on this site so I will start it off with a thank you for being here. OK... I bought a Max 650 in August of this year in hopes of taking my wife with me on rides, (I had to force myself to get a 650 and not the 1000 cause every Harley I ever had I tried to make run like a Rice Rocket). She did not get her own because she is disabled and it hurt her to ride my buds Grizzly's (650 and 350). On our very first ride together she found out that she could indeed ride the longer wheel base with power steering, and now wants me to ride on the back....?. although it still hurts her to do it. Anyway.. I'm thinking of trading it in for a one up 800. Problem solved. Give her this one and buy another? She is disabled and can't do this much. Bag the whole idea? buy another Ultra? Thank You
Any replies appreciated.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

If it meant buying another quad for me to keep my wife happy, I'd do it. Just for her.

Seriously though, it sounds like a tough decision. But if there's a possibility that she will not do this much, maybe keeping this one and buying a used one for you might be a cheaper option. If she decides it does hurt too much, you can resell the used one and won't lose out on the money of selling a new one. If she decides it's something she will be able to do, you can sell or trade in the used one and get you and even nicer one.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'd keep the Outlander Max. I also get the feeling she may not want to ride as much as you. Maybe you can switch off when she rides with you. If you think she's going to ride a lot and you can swing it, get the one up regular Outlander for yourself. I find the longer wheelbase of the Max does give you a generally more comfortable ride.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know she loves to ride and needs her own quad, its just the pain thing for her. If she does ride she needs the longer wheel base for stability ect... So maybe this spring I will look into getting a one up for me. Just have to wait to see what happens and not jump into anything.... Thanks for the replies.