Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

New to the atv world and need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the atv world and need help

Hello everyone! I found this Chinese quad the other day at my job and brought it home, I took it apart, took off the carburetor, throttle, kill switch, and all the wires, need help with the wiring, any advice would be great,

P.s. I don't know what brand it is, couldn't find no vin

Old 05-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would put the wiring harness back on the quad. Battery connections will dictate which side is rear. All electronic pieces (CDI, Stator, etc) pretty much have their connectors close to them off the harness.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPDano
I would put the wiring harness back on the quad. Battery connections will dictate which side is rear. All electronic pieces (CDI, Stator, etc) pretty much have their connectors close to them off the harness.
They battery connections have been cut off, I just want to know how do I connect the quad in order for it just to run, I would post pics but the site isn't letting me

Old 05-13-2015, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastlife954
They battery connections have been cut off, I just want to know how do I connect the quad in order for it just to run, I would post pics but the site isn't letting me
Then the side that has the cut off battery wires will be in the rear. Once mounted, then you can figure out what connects to what. I believe you can still post pics of what you got in your garage. All the harnesses are different on the chinese quads. Even the wire colors don't match up to what they cloned. You might have better luck on finding a generic wiring diagram posted in google pics, especially since you don't even know what make/model it is. Then you can see the breakdown. You'll probably have to remove the tape or insulation that is holding the harness together.

https://www.google.com/search?q=atv+...G&ved=0CB0QsAQ