Fishing! Salt & Fresh Water. Tackle, Bait. Discuss fishing tips, tricks and techniques.

Fresh water fishing

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my son fishing with me since he was 3 or 4 years old. Been in the deer woods with me since he was 7. A few seasons went by with no venison on the table, but it was worth it X 10. Now, at 27 he is my hunting buddy, tournament fishing partner, and now riding buddy along with his wife and her family. It's what life is ALL about.

God Bless all those who have given of them selves for our freedom on this Memorial Day Holiday weekend. THANK YOU FOR YOUE SERVICE.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider

Around here, the northwest, there is a lot of good fishing, bass, trout, salmon,pike,pan fish, sturgeon and cat fish. Some of my favorites to fish for are steelhead on the Snake and Clearwater rivers, cut throat trout,small mouth bass and kokanee salmon ( blue backs or silvers).
Some of the sturgeon in the Snake river are 6-8 feet long and can weigh 2-3 Hundred pounds! Catch and release only.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default Flyfishing Northern California

Hi all, I just today bought my first ATV, a 2006 Honda Rincon. I am so elated. Must thank all in at ATV Enthusiast Community for the advise and encouragment.

I saw this fishing thread and thought I might introduce myself. I was a guide/outfitter on the Klamath/Trinity/Smith and Sacramento Rivers of Northern California for Salmon, Steelhead and Trout from 1982 until 2003. During 14 years of that time I owned a sporting lodge on the Trinity River and offered Fly Fishing instruction. Fishing for money just about spoiled my favorite thing so after I retired from that in 2003 I now just fish with friends and for fun.

If any of you are visiting this area please feel free to pick my brain. As you have all be so generous with your knowledge of ATVs I owe ya.

Attached Thumbnails Fresh water fishing-joeinwaders.jpg  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:44 PM
rv
Pro Rider

hi fishing buddies lol i live in north east British Columbia Canada i fish the rivers,lakes, and ponds in my area iv been catching rainbow this week 7 a day just little ones about a pound or better lots of fun and good eatingusing a fly or a small spinner. i enjoy fishing even when i dont catch any thing still a good day.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:44 PM
rv
Pro Rider

hi fishing buddies lol i live in north east British Columbia Canada i fish the rivers,lakes, and ponds in my area iv been catching rainbow this week 7 a day just little ones about a pound or better lots of fun and good eatingusing a fly or a small spinner. i enjoy fishing even when i dont catch any thing still a good day.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Going to fish a Bass tournament next Saturday at Lake of the Ozarks, aka Sewer of the Ozarks, aka Lake "LOOK AT ME". I only fish this one tournament there. It is a a resort at the 8 mile marker, so it's in the middle of all the 40 and 50 foot 100mph million dollar play toys and 50'+ sea worthy crusers creating 5' rollers. A 20' bassboat doesn't stand a chance! Give me Truman and Mark Twain. With a 20' V hull aluminum inboard jet. I can get into all the standing timber and away from the "Flotilla" of huge boats.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Heading for Taneycomo tomorrow morning for a few days. Winter trout fishing in Missouri can be fantastic. I've been a couple times this Fall and Winter. Did really great back in October. Fished the restricted area above Fall Creek where there is a 12-20 inch protected slot. We caught around 50 fish, mostly in the slot, and most 14"-15" with a really nice 16 1/2 " being the best. They were running the turbines hard, so we drifted #10 gray scud flies on a drift rig and fished 1/8 oz. white PJ's jigs. My son caught the biggest on the jig, I caught the most on the scud.
November and December trips were OK, but not as good.
I have high hopes for this week. They have really been catching a lot of nice fish. Even a new State Record Brown Trout (pending verification) of over 28 Lbs.
Gonna find out what is happening and where, do the flip flop to the Lou and back, and get ready for a tournament on Taney February 6. If it stays as good as it has been, it might tough. Not for a lack of fish, but everybody will be catching good fish!

Old 02-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Got 4th place out of 46 teams. 8 fish 9.36 lbs total. My son had big fish for the tournament at 2.76 lb. Great time!!! COLD, but great.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

good job getting out

i love taking my kids fishing

here my daughters pickerel it's her first, totaly solo iced fish all's i did was drill the holes she set it up and pulled this fish in it was really awesome to watch her.. we always catch fish but i always help ...not this time .. it was a good day

Name:  DSCN5988.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  106.6 KB

atvjumpers

Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Used to spend two week vacations every couple years in Northern Minnesota. Gotta love those toothy critters!!!

Quick Reply: Fresh water fishing