Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I dated a tree hugger!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 10:00 AM
Mar
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dated a girl about a half a year ago that wanted me to go to some big meeting pertaining to snowmobiles given out by some expert. I dont really like to go to any of this crap but she said it was about snowmobiles so I somehow dreamed it would be about new modles and stuff like that so I went.

Well about 4 mins into this thing i got a sinking feeling, oh yeah i was in the belly of the beast. Well I figured this isnt gonna change anything anyway so i figured i would hear it out and straiten my girl out later. So right of the bat they started brainwashing and use facts that have no merit or truth. I got angered because they were using BS to convince everyone in the room to go against what i love using facts that werent true.

So I started to speek up and combat there facts. One of there facts were that snowmobiles are the most poluting rec vechical and nothing is done to stop this. I said sure there is, all 2 strokes have to meet a 2005 or 06 emmitions level which most of them have, also DFI fuel systems and synetic oils are lowering emmitions to levels cleaner then 4 strokes in 2 stroke sled. They really didnt know what to say. I then went on the ask how a organization were members would give there lives to save a tree wouldnt know about the latest facts on snowmobile engines. They were like aaaahhhhh.

Then i Said that all the manufactors are doing more then they have to, to clean up this sport however it never satisfys your kind of people, all you want is this sport to be gone so everyone can return to hiking.

Then they asked me about yellowstone and all the animals there and the booth operators on the resperators and crap.

All i said to this is deer up here in canada walk right up to sleds doing 80km with screaming engines, it doesnt bother them, I also said that research done buy many hunting companies found that dear and most forest animals are not scared buy a sound that remains the same at the same pitch like a sled or atv engine, I said that the hikers that witnessed the dear running from the sleds are the same people that scared them off. As for the resperators thats BS, i follow packs of sleds all day and not once feel short of breath, This is just BS crap that makes no sence.

After that i left the meeting, My girl came out with me and was seriously pissed off. I told her she didnt know what she was talking about that all of her info came from brainwashing people like the ones inside. She didnt buy it and we broke up over it. However the meeting ended and a few people came up to me and all they said was thanks for setting us strait. However you will never defeat these guys, Thats why we need to be careful. Things like driving around with a loud performance exhaust on a ATV will comeback and haunt you, Slowly people get pissed about stuff like that. Also driving were your not suppost to be. Trust me, be good now and enjoy a trouble free ride later, keep running around with loud pipes and expect people to take away your whole sport not just your pipe.

Old 08-14-2002, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Why can't I just meet a nice NORMAL girl? I told her about this whole post that I made and she said that "banning snowmobiles isn't going to hurt anybody".

Old 08-14-2002, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

I ran into a similar circumstance when I was dating,(long time ago) this girl asked me to join her on a nature hike, so hormones raging I thought I'd go, then I found out it was the Sierra club hike, I swear I nearly had a coronary on the spot. There ought to be a law of disclosure or something against that

ROFLMAO. Hahaha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2002, 12:50 AM
Mar
Pro Rider

You tell her that banning snowmobiles will take away millions of dollers in taxes, buissness and hurt towns and villiges that are depended on sledding to survive.

In short if you drop sledding, hundereds of little towns will disapper

Old 08-15-2002, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

you're very right. small town businesses live off of snowmobiles! they need to get their facts straight!!!!!

Old 08-15-2002, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

A president of the Siera Club resigned recently(Forgive me for not putting his name to memory) and attacked the club for their rediculous stance on OHV...he actually admitted that the SC uses quads and sleds to access isolated/Remote areas for their own benefits...and that ohv's enable elderly and handicaped people to access and enjoy parks and forest they otherwise would not be able to hike too.

Trail managment is the answer...keep an eye on Maine...they're sled trails are currently under attack. They are expecting to lose alot of income if this goes through...it's almost the only income Maine pulls in come winter.

as far as animals fleeing noise from quads...i wish...last month i snapped a tierod. loooonnng ride back on my raptor in 1st gear. couldn't go any faster so you know it was winding out. louder than normal...i first come across like 5 deer. standing in the middle of the trail. they just stared at me and moved 5-10 ft of the trail. i was scared crap...i even gave the throttle a snap hoping to move them on...all i could imagine is the Buck deciding to chase me off and me being unable to throttle the f out of there. well, i passed without incident...i'm riding further down the trail wishing i purchased the helmet cam i've been pondering when i hit a small rock that turned the tire with the snapped tie-rod. quad idiling and i hop off to staighten the tire. i finish and look up to see a fox walking down the trail towards me. i stand up and he gives me no reaction. he just starts circling the quad checking me out...i hop back on and give it the punk throttle...he doesn't even flinch...so i start down the trail and look back to see the fox trotting behind me. he followed me 2 miles to my house.

i love this country. if i thought sleds, quads or jet ski's damaged the environment to the extent it threatened or questioned whether future generations would be able to enjoy it as much as i do. i'd be onboard with them chaining myself to a tree.

in fact i think the opposite is true. i think these vehicles allow more people than ever to go out and interact with their surroundings. if your smart and serious...you'll make sure not to support any companies supporting the sierra club. these people have money and more time on their hands than they know what to do with...choke off their cash.

sorry for the long post.

Old 08-15-2002, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

That's total B.S., Since getting a quad a year and half ago I have opened nearly 3 miles of old logging roads on my family's property. Now, those newly open roads (a.k.a.- Disturbed Environments) are the main deer runs in the area. Those trails are obviously not hurting the deer...Unless you count the permanent stands I put up for this deer season...OH NO!!! I'll be hurting a tree, a deer, and the evironment all at the SAME TIME!!!

Old 08-15-2002, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

My version of the petition.

I support new, rigorous standards for people who want to be a tree huggrer. They pollute the air in our revered national parks, wilderness areas and other special places. Tree Huggers generate more than 700,000 tons of air pollution each year. This pollution leads to serious public health and environmental problems.

The Clean Air Act directs the U.S. EPA to ensure that these people, which have never been subject to federal emission standards, are governed by clean air standards that reflect the greatest degree of emissions reduction achievable. The EPA should adopt final standards based on the lower pollution levels that can be met by using product like Bean-O. Indead the old generation of Tree Huggers cannot by any means meet these standards but the younger models given the proper guidance can attain these levels.

I strongly recommend that the final EPA Tree Huggers standards reflect the pollution reductions that are in fact achievable from cleaner, quieter Bean-O technology. I am concerned that the Agency is considering standards that would achieve only a 50% reduction in air pollutants from Tree Huggers, when available technology is capable of reductions of up to 95%. EPA must not miss this important opportunity for feasible, cost-effective pollution reductions of up to 95%.

Please take meaningful action to curb emissions from Tree Huggers that are polluting the air in some of our most revered national parks and wilderness areas. Thank you.

Be preparded, pack your Bean-O and Depends under garments on your next Hugger Convention

Please forward this to all your tree hugger friends

Old 08-15-2002, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

LOL fendercover!! I'm gonna send her that!!

Old 08-15-2002, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

and yes i did send that to them. its all good. well as long as i can ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I dated a tree hugger!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!