Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What I think about Hondas new SPORT quad.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am going to have to call bullsht on the 89 5.0 being faster than a mach one with a cobra jet. plus the mach ones look way better. and the civic that is as fast as the mustang probobly not. unless he has a ton of stuff done to it... like NOS or something.

ANy ways back to 4 wheelers. I will alway buy 4 strokes. No they are not as fast not as good in the sand but i will still be riding my bike when all you banshee owners are rebuilding your engines.(don't get my wrong banshees are VERY fun to ride)

Old 09-09-2002, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer

<< This guy is 100% on track. Older quads where made better. Period. What the hell is going on??? 4-strokes should be work quads only.Screw the dam epa. I have no muffler cars drivng by my house all day. Bring back the 250r. Honda would them have all my votes. It seems to me that old quads were made better and the corporation didt have the though of &quot;How can we make more money&quot; on there minds. Kepp in mind though guys. The EPA will cancle all 2 stroke atvs. The day is coming and us saying how awesome they are is not going to stop them. So buy all the 2 strokes you can while there here. And keep them in your grarag and sell them for more once they canecle the beloved 2 stokes!
Ben
BTW 250r's and shee's will always kick ***!
>>

right, same with some cars....take the quadzilla for example, and then the older mustangs and other cars..i mean back then they would give them mucho grenda power...now there are strict requirements that usually make cars less powerful....my yz125 can whip my old '74 honda xl(4 stroke) 125, this weird kids ttr-125...i just love the speed that i can achive on my 2 stroke better than any 4-stroke...i dont wanna see them go, but many people around here dont really like them ridding around...if they ever get banned, my question is, will the epa people pay us and take r bikes, just take them, or will their value increase dramatically???

Old 09-09-2002, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

i'm a two stroke man, but i see a day not to far away when the four strokes will reign king of the hill. honda's cr450f is a two stroke killer, as well as the new yamaha 450. this is motorcycle engines now but it will be quad engines one day. the c-dale is pretty fast. your banshea may beat it up pretty good in the sand but on a motor x track, i think the c-dale would out pull it from corner to corner.

Old 09-10-2002, 12:33 AM
Range Rover

YOu guys start talking about power of old Mustangs versus new mustangs. Look at the power to weight ratios. I have a Plymouth Neon(slightly modified) that has taken down a few Mustangs and other so called sports cars at the local dragstrip.

And by the way my Plymouth DOES NOT have NOS. Too many people wathing the FAST and the FURIOUS.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The day is coming when the EPA is going to crack down on 2-strokes. By the time they make a 2-stroke pass emissions it will cost too much. When they raise the price of the new epa approved 2-strokes it will only drive people to purchace the cheaper 4-strokers. The 2-stroke engines days are numbered.

I am not against 2 strokes by any means. As soon as I sell my 2 quads I am going to buy a BLaster and or a used used Scrambler.

Old 09-10-2002, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

Keep an aye on ATK for a 2-stroke quad.
Don't know if it will happen but is suppose to be in the works.
They are working with Maico now for 2-stroke motors with sizes up to 685 cc that would be used in there bikes also.

dan

Old 09-10-2002, 01:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Is there even a 2 strok that has that many cc's??? Is it on a dirt bike?
Thanks
Ben

Old 09-10-2002, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

I luv my Z.

Old 09-10-2002, 02:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have 600cc of four stroke fury in my worrior frame and I highly doubt any 2-stroke will have any chance of keeping up with me!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2002, 02:29 AM
Trailblazer

ATKUSA

Go to the ATK website and look through the bulletin board for the quad post. Frank White, the CEO of the company, says they are working on a 685cc, 75 HP quad with a Maico engine. Maico is a small bike company in Europe. They sold dirtbikes in the US in the 70s.

dan

Old 09-10-2002, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

Maico, that's the motor I want in a quad, not. I remember them, they rarly started, couldn't get parts, on and on. If they come out with the ATK and Maico combo, I'll out money on that the sales to all of the two stroke lovers will be dismal.

Smitty

Quick Reply: What I think about Hondas new SPORT quad.