Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

New to the ATV world

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 08:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Nice looking machine! Yep, Honda builds some great machines. About the only thing I could warn you about is be aware that the transmission shifts with electricity...and that is the only way it will shift. Only complaint I have ever heard is if the battery dies you cant shift into neutral and push it. Yes it needs 12v for the shifter to work so just be aware. Like the matching plow!!
I think on most efi machines, if the battery isn't fully charged, they won't start at all. That's why most manufacturers have done away with backup pullstart. It wouldn't help anyway. On the ES Honda quads, I found out the hard way to never shut it off in gear. I left the fuel petcock on the off position on my Rancher 350 ES once in 3rd gear and it died on me. It ran just long enough to run the fuel out of the carb. I had to turn the key on and off several times to get it shift back to neutral so I could restart it. I thought I was going to run the battery down doing so.