Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawasaki 360 won't turn over /start

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki 360 won't turn over /start

Hello, thank you for looking... I have a Kawasaki 360 that I was riding & turned off. When I went to restart it, the lights come on but it won't turn over. We have checked the battery, spark plugs & fuses & they are good. Seems as though its not getting a spark. It wont even start when trying to pull start it. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Swiet
Hello, thank you for looking... I have a Kawasaki 360 that I was riding & turned off. When I went to restart it, the lights come on but it won't turn over. We have checked the battery, spark plugs & fuses & they are good. Seems as though its not getting a spark. It wont even start when trying to pull start it. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Pull the spark plug, ground the plug to the engine head, turn engine over and check for a good blue spark. If you don't have spark, then you have an electrical issue.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Electrical?

Thank you for the post. We aren't getting a spark. What would you suggest I check next?

Old 05-30-2016, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you for the post. We aren't getting a spark. What would you suggest I check next?
If you have no spark and tried this with a new plug, then you more than likely have a failed ignition componant. In order to effectively troubleshoot this, you will need a DVOM and the repair manual. The manuals are usually $5 for a download. Please see attached link. There are probably 8 possibilities in which can cause a no spark condition.
https://www.tradebit.com/G/manuals/184-kawasaki

Old 06-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Won't turn over at all

Thank you for assisting me. It is truly appreciated. We turn the key on and get lights on the dash however when I push the button to start the engine, nothing happens. It doesn't even turn over so that is probably why there isnt a spark... Again, thank you for your replies and much needed assistance.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you for assisting me. It is truly appreciated. We turn the key on and get lights on the dash however when I push the button to start the engine, nothing happens. It doesn't even turn over so that is probably why there isnt a spark... Again, thank you for your replies and much needed assistance.
Correct, if the engine won't rotate ( turn over with starter ) then you can't get spark. You will need to troubleshoot the starter system. Could be a faulty starter, solenoid, wiring, starter button on the handle bar. Are you sure the kill switch is in the run position?