Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Hot and Overheating - need some help ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot and Overheating - need some help ...

Help, my 2014 Ranger Polaris 570 Efi is overheating after replacing the radiator and the water pump. My Ranger continues to run hot, we have bled it over and over and it still gets hot within 5 minutes of riding, is there a thermostat on it somewhere that I'm over looking. Thanks in advance

Old 01-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Jack the machine up on the drivers side to help purge air pockets. Long hose runs are most of the problem. Let the fan cycle on and off several times. This may take some time to remove all the air until you can top off the radiator and replace the cap. Haven't looked on the 570 break down but the old 800 had a bleed screw on the thermostat housing that aided in bleeding trapped air.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Did have a chance to check and the 570 does have a bleed screw and washer on the thermostat housing cover.Item#2 on the parts break down. As the engine is running and warm,crack open this bleed screw. Will help to remove trapped air from the engine. I'd still jack up the drivers side and let the fan cycle on and off several times to let the rest of the air work it's way to the radiator.

Attached Thumbnails Hot and Overheating - need some help ...-12rzr570.gif  
Old 01-11-2017, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Years back I made a coolant pump from a plastic hand pump from Harbor Freight for less than 10 bucks. I use it anytime I change coolant in my car or UTV/ATV. By disconnecting a hose and attaching the hand pump then stick inside a bottle of coolant and pump until coolant comes out. Never get any air pockets this way. Do the same to my cars and trucks using the heater core hoses. Pump coolant in slowly and force the air out, works like a charm.