Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris trailblazer 250 interment spark when revved

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris trailblazer 250 interment spark when revved

Idles fine but when the quad is revved it sputters and shoots has back out the car but won't die. I checked the spark and it is fine at idle but at the top end it is very interment. Bad coil? Bad Cdi? I really don't know. This quad had been completely rebuild except for the electrical stuff. I had it running fine and then my friend flipped it and it hasn't ever been the same since.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:07 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Pull the black wire from the reverse limiter first and see if that solves it. If not pull the black wire from the cdi module. If neither of these help then could be a stator problem or possible cdi.That where resistance checks come in to play.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Forgot to add since it was flipped could have stirred up trash in the carb. I'd make sure the carb is clean, jets are open if defeating the limiter and kill circuit on the cdi doesn't help.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was the reverse limiter. Thanks so much, I didn't think to check because I had no idea that reverse was even limited.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:17 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Eggnog56
It was the reverse limiter. Thanks so much, I didn't think to check because I had no idea that reverse was even limited.
It's not a problem that reverse was limited as that's what the module was designed to do unless you pushed the reverse over ride button. It's when it fails(all of them do) that it can limit in forward range also. Just a useless safety device that constantly fails and really wasn't needed as many brands don't even have one.Glad it was a simple fix for you.