Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: What do you wear on your feet when you ride?
MX boots
20.00%
hiking boots
53.33%
regular-old sneakers
26.67%
sandals
0%
nothing -- I ride barefoot!
0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Poll of the Month: What do you wear on your feet when you ride?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Redneck they fit great on me, but them foot pegs play hell on that soft sole

Old 07-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Thor 50/50 atv boots

Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Insulated rubber boots always. From plus 35C to minus 35C. Like to keep my feet dry

Old 07-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Leather work boots.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Actually I have several pairs of boots that i ride with. It really depends on if I am loading up to go ride at a destination spot, or doing work around the house. I have two pairs of AlpineStars. Both a full MX boot if I expect to be in deep water or mud and a pair of ankle height Alpinestars that give me a lot more feel when walking instead of the moon walk I have to do while wearing the MX boot.

For around the house chores, it is pretty much what ever is on the feet at the time. leather over the ankles boot, but occasionally when I am lazy, I'll just use my Sneakers that I usually wear around the house. I have chastized myself for it.

I do love my Alpinestars ankle height though. If you have never tried them, give them a try. Much more ankle comfort. (Important to me as I have crushed my ankle and have two plates and 12 scrrews holding it together. The shorty boots don't put as much pressure on the ankle. The MX boots get very little use any more.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I do have a complaint though with these polls. I get an email after they are closed. Too late to vote. With only 15 people responding to the poll, it is pretty small sample. I recommend that when a new poll is put out there, that you email all of us to let us know one has opened so more of us have a chance to respond.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wear 20+ year old combat boots when I ride. One pair is getting ragged but the other pair is in good shape.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

that should be fine. As long as you have leather over the ankle I think you should be good to go. For the price you can't beat them. My combat boots were sooo comfortable. I am lucky, I can still buy them (Retired military) I used to be a MX boot bigot, but 1) they cost too much. 2) I shattered my ankle and the MX boot puts too much pressure on the steel plates and screws holding it all together. So I ordered an ankle height set of boots from Alpine stars. I really like them. I have all the hard shell protection around the foot, they are flexible, and they have a outdoors sole for traction. BUT they are expensive too. I think any over the ankle leather boot would be fine. (A little more willing to compromise as I get older.) I have two pairs of riding leathers too, but normally I'll throw a pair of jeans over a pair of shorts and go have fun. I do not skimp on gloves, goggles, helmet or chest protector. Now more important than ever, since I had open heart surgery last December. Chest protectors and good eye protection are mandatory.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sneakers in summer and boots other seasons.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

I can understand the comfort factor of sneakers, BUT.... as someone who has injured my feet before i highly recommend against them. Ever ridden in tight brush and had a stick poke it's way through and poke your foot? I have. thank GOD i had my alpine stars on. Also, rolled it one time to avoid my son being stupid and although I broke the leg as a result, it was a simple fracture versus a crushing blow that would have resulted from not wearing something more substantial.
Now broken bones usually are not a problem unless you are miles out in the woods by yourself. And if you have a gusher of a bleeder, it really isn't a time to wish you had taken the time to put the boots on instead. Just remember when you get older all those old injuries come back to remind you of your mistakes in judgement when you were young. Pain hurts, and is no fun. I have the scars, the metal inserted and the pain killers to prove it.

Quick Reply: Poll of the Month: What do you wear on your feet when you ride?