Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If Ford was smart they would build and market this.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep Spammer as you just proved!!!! Come talk to me when you have a good honest argument that consist of something constructive!!!

Old 02-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

first of all, how can you even call me a spammer? i havent been in this section of the forum in a long *** time, and i finally made my rounds today. i posted in 3 or 4 threads. WOW CALL THE SPAM POLICE! also, all you ever do is praise dodge, dodge, dodge (it's even your username for christ's sake! this isn't even a truck forum! ) whenever a truck related topic is brought up, even if dodge has nothing to do with it! (example- the thread where some guy was deciding between a chevy OR a ford, and you come in "dodge this and that blah blah".) you do that in EVERY post in this section.

so, how's a taste of your own medicine???

and you want something constructive???

how about dodges CRAP auto trannies??

plastic city interiors??

flimsy front ends that dont hold up worth a crap??

already covered the joke of a warranty.

overrated "hemi" - guess what buddy, you're paying MORE for outdated technology. hemispherical heads are far surpassed by canted head designs being used in modular and vortec engines of today. furthermore, the 2 bolt main block? that's pretty heavy duty!

oh yeah, on the new ram 1500, that COIL SPRING rear suspension is some pretty serious stuff... NOT.

the f150 has been the best selling truck for 33 years straight for a reason. also, superduties have been unmatched in the hd section... hmmm i wonder why...

Old 02-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Funny you bring up old technology because as I recall the old technology is still kicking the crap out of anything Ford is putting in there trucks. You still have said nothing constructive and when is the last time you rode in a Dodge??? 94???? Typical Ford fan boy saying dumb stuff trying to prove his Grandpas truck was good so they still should be good today right???? Like I said come back with something CONSTRUCTIVE and not hear say.

At least I am prod to support what I ride and drive and come on the form with facts and ATV help and not just to SPAM and try to prove my worth to everyone!

Good day I am out have more important things to do than argue about nothing with a nobody!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:14 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Ford and Chevy used to sell millions of those full size Broncos and Jimmys in the 80s and early 90s but the full size 4 door SUVs became more practical and fazed them out.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
Funny you bring up old technology because as I recall the old technology is still kicking the crap out of anything Ford is putting in there trucks. You still have said nothing constructive and when is the last time you rode in a Dodge??? 94???? Typical Ford fan boy saying dumb stuff trying to prove his Grandpas truck was good so they still should be good today right???? Like I said come back with something CONSTRUCTIVE and not hear say.

At least I am prod to support what I ride and drive and come on the form with facts and ATV help and not just to SPAM and try to prove my worth to everyone!

Good day I am out have more important things to do than argue about nothing with a nobody!
typical dodge fanboy! you think it's all about power output??? guess again... the ford modular motors outlast the hemi 9 times out of 10. sure they dont put out as much power, but, they have far more power potential. consider the size of the aftermarket for the hemi against the aftermarket for the mod motor. no comparison.

and best of all, i just LOVE how you conveniently ignore my LIST of dodge issues that i provided. you know they are all major flaws, but YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT!

and how about you stop trying to change the subject, eh? trying to say that i dont provide facts and atv help just makes you look like an ignorant dumbass.

oh and i dont know my dodges? hmm well lets see heres what ive owned and serviced at work for the past few years:

98 cummins 3500 (now sits in woods and rots, replaced by superduty)
03 1500 5.7 (3rd trans, decent interior)
a few dakotas with 318's
more shitty chrysler corporation cars than i care to remember
2007 2500 cummins (electrical issues)
95 cummins qc
87 ramcharger with a 440 (flimsy wanna be bronco. too much power for a beer can chassis)
97 ram 2500 360 (most underpowered pos ive ever driven, on the 3rd motor and 3rd trans at 230k)

Old 02-18-2010, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
Ford and Chevy used to sell millions of those full size Broncos and Jimmys in the 80s and early 90s but the full size 4 door SUVs became more practical and fazed them out.

I LOVE the old 78-79 full size bronco. That one in particular is gorgeous.

I LOVE that entire 6th generation era of Ford truck (I'm not brand loyal in the least-I drive everything). That body style had really nice lines and they were a very solid truck. Rugged, reliable, easy to work on.

The 79 grill like the one on that bronco look killer painted the body color of the truck. I've seen a de-chromed Bronco in blue and it just looked awesome.

Since retro styling is so popular these days I'd love to see ford dump the current body style and do a retro look styled after the 6th generation body. The current 12th generation trucks lack any sort of distinctiveness and look like everything else.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC

Love them old Bronco's!

Old 02-18-2010, 08:43 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

They never put this grill on the Bronco but this was my favorite look of Ford.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lt230sman
typical dodge fanboy! you think it's all about power output??? guess again... the ford modular motors outlast the hemi 9 times out of 10. sure they dont put out as much power, but, they have far more power potential. consider the size of the aftermarket for the hemi against the aftermarket for the mod motor. no comparison.

and best of all, i just LOVE how you conveniently ignore my LIST of dodge issues that i provided. you know they are all major flaws, but YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT!

and how about you stop trying to change the subject, eh? trying to say that i dont provide facts and atv help just makes you look like an ignorant dumbass.

oh and i dont know my dodges? hmm well lets see heres what ive owned and serviced at work for the past few years:

98 cummins 3500 (now sits in woods and rots, replaced by superduty)
03 1500 5.7 (3rd trans, decent interior)
a few dakotas with 318's
more shitty chrysler corporation cars than i care to remember
2007 2500 cummins (electrical issues)
95 cummins qc
87 ramcharger with a 440 (flimsy wanna be bronco. too much power for a beer can chassis)
97 ram 2500 360 (most underpowered pos ive ever driven, on the 3rd motor and 3rd trans at 230k)

Banned! LOL!!

I find it funny being a big Mechanic?? that he didnt adress 6.0 and 6.4 ford issues? plenty of them so why not? Fanboy??

1 got a 94 f150 w/160k body rusted and the thing is nickel and dimin me to death I think i have replaced just about every part on it LOL.

I have owned just about every brand in trucks and cars since 1986 and every one has had some issues,none are perfect, heck i had problems with my dodge..lift pump,cp3 pump..so what! interior plastic he states, yep my dash is plastic,seats leather,floor carpet..doesnt sound all plastic to me??

my neighbors 4 year old f150 got flat bedded away a month ago they finally figured it out,leaking windshield shorted out the main wiring harness..electrical problem.hmm!

my buddies juiced up Dmax...tranny issues! thought they were bullet proof?

All makes will have issues at one time or another. the place i bought my truck from is probably the biggest used dealer in the midwest or even the US for that matter all they deal with is trucks and SUV's and for the most part the majority of trucks are diesel, i did my research,talked to Real Mechanics about reliability between them, and like they told me, Look around we Work on them all, they will all have issues and need to be fixed at sometime...and they did steer me clear of the 6.0 even though they had like 20 on the lot. I should say they steered me clear of the 6.0 after i had my mind made up on the Cummins.

I got 3.5 years of extended warranty left, i hope the last year of the warranty everything goes to crap and it all has to be replaced.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
They never put this grill on the Bronco but this was my favorite look of Ford.

Is that a 77 grill? Mine was a 77 but the "grill" sections didn't have the separate light bezels. The grill and bezels were one piece.

I like this style of truck enough that I'm planning on getting a 3/4 ton extended cab and a Bronco and restoring them. Not a true restoration but frame off, updating restoration. I'm going to upgrade and modernize some things. Simple throttle body injection, new style of gauges, more sound deadening material to quiet the cab etc.

The extended cabs are getting hard to find. The 4 doors are even more rare.

Quick Reply: If Ford was smart they would build and market this.