Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

DELMARVA.Maryland.Virginia.Delaware.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DELMARVA.Maryland.Virginia.Delaware.

Hey Tracker, welcome back, last I heard you took off on a business trip. Have you gotten out lately on the Kodiak? I've been out a couple times, once to that place off 301, it's not too bad, I'm thinking of taking the boy today for an hour. I probably live near you in S. MD (Andrews), if a trip develops for some trail riding let me know, I'm definately interested. Also, I know a couple others who might be interested as well.

Z

Old 02-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer

Yes, I'm in the 30+ crowd...

Old 02-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

im intrested in going on some atv trips i live in smyrna de.any body heard of tower city trail riders in pa

Old 02-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

Big C,

I've heard of TC, I think there are some forums about it somewhere; not sure if it's in ATVConnection or another site. Anyway, I hear it's a good time. If anyone plans a trip please let me know, with a good heads up, so I can work going.

Thanks.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Brought home a new toy for my 14 yr old son yesterday!
A Honda CRF 150.
Still looking for a decent and affordable place to ride in Southern MD

Old 02-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer

Not to bust on anyone but, unless they greatly improve Pocomoke it's not worth the trip. It's only a six mile loop with an outer loop and one that cuts across the middle. It's basicly a logging road with ruts and mud holes in it. The sand pit some one mentioned is very small with a waterhole in the middle and a small trail around it. The estremely muddy marsh area is off limits. People do go in there but you better have a winch or tow rope. Don't let the ranger catch you in there you could be kicked out or fined.

I ride on local farmland with permission from the land owner. I also ride at Blue Diamond, Easton, and Middleford. All of those are MX. So if you have a UtilityATV your out of luck.

If you want to take a good weekend trip go to Hatfield and McCoy. The most awesome riding area in the country, over 700 miles of trails and well marked. PLus you can ride your atv's in town.

Old 02-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

can you give more info on hatfield and mcoy. where how much ect...

Old 02-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Trailblazer

Here's Hatfield and Mcoys web site. The trail system is run by the state of West Virginia.

Hatfield and McCoy

Old 02-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry the first website I misspelled. Here is the correct one.

Hatfield and McCoy

Old 02-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Range Rover

I can not disagree, Hatfield McCoy is awesome and well worth the 6 hour trip if you have the time. You need at least a three day weekend to make it there, back and leave yourself time to explore one of there 5 trail systems. Paragon Adventure park and Tower City are also both great places to ride and a little closer at about 3 hours away. I have heard however that Tower City is a yearly membership of $500+ and you can't just pay and ride for a day??? anyone have any info on Tower City???

However I am still looking for somewhere else to ride in the 2 hour and less range so we can go and ride without having to leave at 5am to get a day's riding in.

Our group is going out next weekend to some private land we ride on, we will have to cut new trails and clean up the old ones so we have somewhere to ride until someone tells me somewhere cool to ride.