Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

06 700R Raptor starting problem!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 04:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 700R Raptor starting problem!

Originally posted by: bigstuff98
ACCORDING TO THE LATEST ISSUE OF QUAD MAGAZINE THEY DO HAVE VAPOR LOCK ISSUES , HOWEVER YAMAHA REDESIGNED THE FUEL PUMP TO BETTER HANDLE WINTER FUELS WITH LOWER BOILING POINTS.THE NEW FUEL PUMP NOW HAS A 0.8MM VAPOR BLEEDER HOLE , WHICH HAS FIXED THE PROBLEM.MAGAZINE ALSO SAID THEY HAD FAN ISSUES, VERY EASY & NO COST FIX. ALL INFO . ON PAGE 54 OF THEMARCH 2007 ISSUE.
Thank you,
Eat your words randy.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to burst your bubble, but both of those issues were on the first few months' production bikes, and both were resolved before I bought mine in Dec 05, more than a year ago.

Neither of those problems relate to cold starting problems- the fuel pump was a HOT start fix.

There are hunderds of 06-7 Raptor owners on other boards, and cold start problems are a virtual non issue.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

Just to let you all know, it 0? outside and my Raptor started just fine.

Jeff

Old 02-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JLsparky7
Originally posted by: bigstuff98
ACCORDING TO THE LATEST ISSUE OF QUAD MAGAZINE THEY DO HAVE VAPOR LOCK ISSUES , HOWEVER YAMAHA REDESIGNED THE FUEL PUMP TO BETTER HANDLE WINTER FUELS WITH LOWER BOILING POINTS.THE NEW FUEL PUMP NOW HAS A 0.8MM VAPOR BLEEDER HOLE , WHICH HAS FIXED THE PROBLEM.MAGAZINE ALSO SAID THEY HAD FAN ISSUES, VERY EASY & NO COST FIX. ALL INFO . ON PAGE 54 OF THEMARCH 2007 ISSUE.
Thank you,
Eat your words randy.

LOL that's funny, why would I eat my words when I'm right and you don't even know enough about the 700R's to know what problems they have had and have not had?

As was posted the fuel pump problem was a few units at the very release of the 06 in Aug of 05
I got the first one out the door of a local dealership and they took care of the pump before I took delivery as did many others so it was never an issue for a lot of early 700R owners and the one's it was an issue for had it replaced under warranty.

Besides that wasn't even a cold start issue. I think you should quit while your ahead and instead of being a hater actually take the time to fully familiarize your self with the subject before you comment on it like you know it for a fact.
In this instance your wrong, it happens, be a man about it and move on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Ive seen posts about cold start problems, more than once, theres no denying the facts. Just because its a different computer on the 700r than the grizzly doesnt mean it isnt a mechanical problem.

Hes having a cold start problem now, how can you deny that!!!!

Go take ur dune rappy and play in the sand.....

Old 02-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

Ive seen posts about cold start problems, more than once, theres no denying the facts. Just because its a different computer on the 700r than the grizzly doesnt mean it isnt a mechanical problem.

Wow! I guess you told me now didn't you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27

Wow! I guess you told me now didn't you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
It left you with nothing to say...

Old 02-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27

It left you with nothing to say...

Oh I have plenty to say, I just refuse to waste my time debating a subject with you that you have no first hand knowledge on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

children, CHILDREN PLEASE take your seats class is about to start....................................... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

So your saying you have to have first hand knowledge to know what the problem is?
Your SOL if you think thats the case.

Quick Reply: 06 700R Raptor starting problem!