Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My 1st issue with my 07 Wolvy

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1st issue with my 07 Wolvy

Been riding the Wolvy pretty hard the last two days...hell, what am I talking about, been riding the Wolvy very hard since I bought it in early December. I currently have 170 miles on her and will be taking her in for her initial service real soon.
Sunday, went out for about only an hour, and actually this would've been one of my easier rides on her. When I got her back in the garage and shut her down, I noticed an oil smell. Looked down on the right side and saw some fresh oil (what I originally believed was motor oil). Cleaned it up real good, ran it up and down the street real hard to see if it was blowing oil or what...nothing.
Dry when I woke up the next day.
Took her out Monday and rode the crap out of her, checked while out, no leaks.
But as soon as I got it in the garage and shut it down, I found the problem. There's a breather hose that runs from rear end to across the top of the airbox under the seat. I'm guessing that about 2-4 tablespoons came out both times. I checked the fluid level in the rear diff, looks to be fine. It's done it the last two times I've taken her out. Any ideas what's happening?
I talked to the dealership about bringing it in real soon if it does it on my next ride, which should be real soon.
They told me they would take a look at it while giving her the 200 mile service. I can't imagine why it's doing it...like it's telling me it's time for the service. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Anyone else had a similar experience with the Wolvy?
Thanks!
I'll keep you up to date as to what happens when I take it in sometime during the next two weeks.
Can someone explain to me why it doesn't blow out while riding and only upon being parked and turned off, and I mean it's almost immediately after turning the key off.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:08 AM
Trailblazer

Well, the breather hose put out a little gear oil three times straight after riding, but couldn't find any leaks anywhere. It does not leak sitting still.
Luckily, it was time for my 1st service. I took it to m dealer with 198 miles on the odometer. It took him ten minutes to find that the seal on the rear shaft drive wasn't doing it's job. It wasn't really leaking, but it was allowing water in. So the extra fluid led to an overfill issue and some being pushed out the breather hose when shut off.
Warranty is fixing the problem and will have it back real soon.
The serviceman said he hasn't seen one do this since the 90's, hope it isn't the beginning of other problems.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds great, happy to see that you got it fixed under warrenty.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Mine did the same thing. It was dripping on the exhaust. I blew through the hose to clear it and routed it the opposite way in the clip so it wouldn't drip on the exhaust. Since then it hasn't happened again... yet.