Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

96 yamaha warrior

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 yamaha warrior

I have a 96 yamaha warrior..it has a HMF exhaust with a FMF powerbomb header pipe..polished and ported..i am having problems with it idling.. when and if i can get it started it will run fine and not miss a bit..but as soon as i let it sit and idle for about 30 seconds then it will cut out and eventually die..then its hard to start..yes it does foul the plug after i ride it for periods of time then i can clean it and put it back in and it will start right up..i have had it in a shop and they have changed the main and pilot jets and still the same thing..twice they have changed it..i think its too big of a main jet and its getting too much fuel at a low RPM range..any other ideas..Thanks

Old 03-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hmf350

I have a 96 yamaha warrior..it has a HMF exhaust with a FMF powerbomb header pipe..polished and ported..i am having problems with it idling.. when and if i can get it started it will run fine and not miss a bit..but as soon as i let it sit and idle for about 30 seconds then it will cut out and eventually die..then its hard to start..yes it does foul the plug after i ride it for periods of time then i can clean it and put it back in and it will start right up..i have had it in a shop and they have changed the main and pilot jets and still the same thing..twice they have changed it..i think its too big of a main jet and its getting too much fuel at a low RPM range..any other ideas..Thanks</end quote></div>

Well,.....whatareyadoinsittinstill? No,...really I think you're on the right track. Smaller main jet, open up the intake air a little (idle air control...?) Whatever gets the mixture right.

Good luck and post results and cures.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

it is pretty weird tho..i bought a new dr7ea spark plug which is a number hotter plug for it and it seemed to help..when it fouled the dr8ea i stuck the brand new 7 in it and it started right up and then i let it idle for about 2 min and then it cut out and died then before i tried starting it again i took out the 7 to see if it fouled already and it wasnt black like the rest..it looked like i just took it out of the box.. so im guess it just fuel fouled it or something..if thats possible.too much fuel wont let it spark or ignite it..hell i dont know..ha