1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

help help help help

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help help help help

I might have screwed up But I know that if anyone can help me you can
now my thread of " new and got alot of questions" has been a good one I have a taotao ata250e and had a broken bolt in the exhaust side of the head assy. now I took the head assy. off and took it to a machine shop and they told me what to do so they could fix me up,, but I just read an old thread with LICKTHENEWT back in july and realized that I have no idea where TDC is like something stupid i didn't eventhink that there was a procedure for what I was doing HELP this is supposed to be a christmas gift and I'm freaking out because I'm screwing it up!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife is already on me because it's taking so long and noone around here will even touch it can I just put it back together or is there a procedure that I must follow to ensure that it is put together right don't want to get the head fixed and it still don't crank or worse warp a valve.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Trailblazer

pls send me pics or schematic or manual or web site exploded views step by step inst. or something help me please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! absolutely no one in dunn, NC will help

Old 10-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Trailblazer

ok got more info i did not take off the timing chain or do anything with the cam shaft or the crank so i'm no longer worried about the timing. when I took off the head the push rods did miss the lifter (i think it is called ) and fell striaght down into the engine of course I do know not to turn that motor. Then entire motor is covered up so no dirt can get in. and still no torque specs. the piston side of the head was full of carbon and the spark plug could not have been firing correctly hope this helps in giving good info.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

ok I panicked for nothing i have it put back together and it runs like a top. but got a ? the carb is leaking from where the air filter housing connects to the rear of the carb please help otherwise I will have to take to mech for $30/hr thanx (aimex-taotao ata250e) stock everything