1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

SunL 90 lost its spark

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Faf
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lynn is an awsome asset to this forum, no doubt.

Took the boy's out yesterday and Ethan's SunL ran like a top. But get this..............Now Reese's Kazuma 50 lost power, quit and wouldn't re-start. WHAT THE HECK! I'm going to mess around with it today before I bother Lynn again.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive run into a similar issue. while welding a extended trailing arm and revised shock placement, my brother forgot to remove all the electronics before welding. the coil wires started smoking as he was welding, so they were removed and replaced. then its wouldnt do anything.

so i started to inspect the rest of the harness, come to find out someone had previously removed the voltage regulator and done some "crack head" wiring job on this atv. handle bar start/killswitch didnt work, only started with remote. headlights didnt work, pull cord killswitch didnt work.

so i removed all the wiring/electrical accesories to make the elec system as simple as possible to make it easier to find the problem. i hooked up the starter relay with a on/off toggle switch, now it cranks but doesnt have spark. i hooked up the cdi to the stator matching the 3 wires (triggr/triggr,grnd/grnd,ac-pwr/ac-pwr)with the 4th cdi wire for the coil(coil/coil pos.,) ive tried having the 5th wire for the killswitch unhooked,grounded,and to power with none showing spark while cranking. also as i do not have the volt regulator im not quite sure what to do with the 2 yellow wires that went to the regulator coming out of the stator harness.

i think it could be a bad coil, but with not knowing the original factory wiring im running into problems.

the wire coming out of the top of the coil is what i believe to be the pos and the lower wire on the heat sink as the neg for the coil. correct me if im wrong, ive had the wire i believe to be the ground grounded.

all i want is to get spark for the plug, i dont need lights/alarm/remote/killswitches. i have the starter taken care of it works correctly. do we need the cdi to get spark or can i bypass it and directly wire the trigger signal wire to the coil. i want the wiring as simple as possible like my kawasaki kdx50(one wire from the stator to the coil, and 2 wires from the coil to the kill switch.) this atv needs to be as light as possible, no extras and the electronics simple/reliable just whats need to provide spark for the motor, i have the starter taken care of already.

any help would be great, i can provide pics if needed. i just want this running again, please some one help me out....its amazing, i can build a drag car but this atvs messed up wiring is stumping me.