1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help with ID?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with ID?

I am going tomorrow to look at this quad. The guy said he thinks it is a baja. 260cc thats what he was told. Thats all I know. We are trading for it and he is adding $150 cash. and my item (rather new xbox bundle) has a realistic value of $300-$350 cash value. so I am paying $150-200 for it realistically. He said he bought it and it has no spark. the engine turns over but no spark. Seems simple enough as i work on small engines all the time and my son has a Tao Tao 110cc quad. So I am familiar with having to work on them. Does this body style look familiar to anyone. Also, I can't find a reference to a 260cc baja anywhere, thats why I am questioning it. Would like to do a little research on it before I get there. Figured there is only a few items that can go bad when you don't have spark. I will search for data plates when I go and look at it tomorrow. Handlebars look funny though? Maybe I am just to my fourtrax handlebars. But I am assuming it is chinese.

Name:  imagejpeg_2.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  47.4 KB

Old 05-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that looks similiar to a manco talon with a linhai 260cc engine. . not sure the year model. should be a metal ID tag up on the front end or near the vertical tube below the handlebars.