1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

TaoTao 250B Axle Spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TaoTao 250B Axle Spacer?

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say great forum and I have learned quite a bit by reading through the forums.

I will try to make this as short and to the point as possible (I'm not good at that). I bought a TaoTao 250B of unknown year about 2 weeks ago. It was in rough shape to be kind. All I knew was, it ran but the chain popped off and they didn't want to mess with it. Got it home in the "light" and noticed much more. So far I replaced the rear bearings, cdi, starter solenoid, ignition switch, clutch lever and cable, throttle cable, chain, coil, and kill switch.
On to the part where I'm stuck, on the left side of the axle and next to the sprocket, there is a spacer or something like that. It was completely mangled. I have looked for this part at 5 different atv dealers, plus every website I can think of and nothing. No one has this part or close to it. The width has to exact for the spacing of the sprocket. I measured it with my calipers and it is roughly 5mm wide x 2mm thick with a 35mm ID. I believe the width and thickness is correct, but the ID is way too big. I believe it was around 33-34mm ID from factory, since to get over the splines it would need to be at least 33mm.
I have no idea where to go or what to do. My last choice is going to a machine shop and getting one cut on the lathe, but I would rather not drive an hour away and pay quite a bit more than I need to, unless that is my only option. Thank you very much in advance.
P.S if anyone knows what rear axle this is copied from, that would work as well, I tried timberwolf, Big Bear, Wolverine, and the raptor 250's with no luck. Once again, thank you. I am getting grey hair over this atv!

Looks close to this.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I hate asking two more questions, but does anyone know where to get a manual for this atv? Also, I'm looking for a exhaust gasket, if anyone knows where to get one or any ideas. Thanks and I appreciate all your help!

Old 03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

get with some of the chinese forum sponsors, some are dealers that'll help you out. other than that, do an online search. plenty of taotao parts websites.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply. I have searched on hundreds of websites. No one sells anything for the rear, but the axle and brake rotor. I'll try and contact some of the forum sponsors. I'm trying to find a local business that has a lathe and maybe make one or let me use it to make one. Not many shops around where I live have a lathe. I know how to use a manual lathe and could cut it out of some pipe stock, but finding a person or business that will do it or let me do it, will be tough. Thanks again.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

click on this hyperlink:

Home - TAOTAO USA INC then click parts on the right.....

OR,

click on this hyperlink for a redirect to eagle parts to tao tao
Eagle ATV Parts - TAOTAO USA INC click icon or just go directly to the one here:
Eagle Atv Parts
find your model and click and shop. if you don't see your part(s), contact them:

Eagle Atv Parts