1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

atv-21 arc

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atv-21 arc

Hey... I'm brand new to posting on any type of forum. I thank you for any help ahead of time.
I have a Roketa atv-21 arc, bought it new for my daughter several years ago and have had little problems with it. My son has now taken it over, and problems have started. Mainly it seems to be an intermittent electrical issue.
The brake light doesn't always come on, therefore the starter will not engage. But if I jump the solenoid, most of the time it will run just fine. But now when I do that, it has gotten to where it will only run for about 20-30 seconds (at the most) and then die.
I've been trying to check voltages, but I'm not sure what voltage I'm looking for... will everything be 12 volts?

Old 06-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you need to check out the brake switch wiring up there at the left handlebar brake lever where the reservoir piston comes in/out. you'll see 2 wires i believe, maybe 3, but those are for the brake switch. with the quad shutdown, actuate the lever, do you hear a small "tink"? is the reservoir full of DOT 4 brake fluid? that brake switch is key. now i'm presuming the brake light itself is still good seeing how you stated that this is an intermittent thing. SO, trace the wiring there and make sure that's all intact with no deficiencies. report back.