1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Redcat mpx-110 carb and shift issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat mpx-110 carb and shift issues

Hi everyone,

So late last year I picked up a Redcat MPX-110 for my daughter. The guy said it needed a carb, and based on my experience with ethanol and chinese carbs I figured he was right. So that's issue #1.

However, my main problem at the moment is that it doesn't shift. The quad will roll forward but not backwards. So I pulled the clutch cover to see if I could see anything odd. I think I found the potential issue. Looking at the right side of the engine, in the upper left corner is a star shaped mechanism that the shift lever looks like it's supposed to engage. BUT, it goes behind it. Behind the star shaped piece is a round piece with 2 raised pins, the star piece is resting ON the pins but looks like one of the points should be between the pins so that when the shift lever is moved, it turns engages the star shaped piece and turns the round mechanism.

Sorry I don't know the proper terms for the parts, can't find much info about this online. I can post a picture later when I get home. I'm waiting for a clutch removal tool so I can pull the clutch and flywheel to get a better look.

Any thoughts on if I'm on the right track or not? Looks like it somehow skipped out of place, maybe by somebody jamming gears.

I know I can figure this out, I rebuilt my DRZ-400 motor all the way down to the tranny. Just can't find much info on this thing.