1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Hopefully super easy question regarding hooking up new electronics and harness to 110

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully super easy question regarding hooking up new electronics and harness to 110

Hello all,

I saw a thread kind of similar to mine, but it stated I needed to "update" my account in order to see 3rd party hosted pictures, so none of the pictures that are on the thread are visible to me. I'm assuming it has to do with the thread being 5 years old.

I purchased a Wildfire 110 cc chinese quad. It ran fine at purchase but carb needed a cleaning. After pulling it, cleaning it, and putting it back in, I had no spark. After 20 minutes of looking at a total nightmare, I ordered a brand new harness including all components (CDI, Stator, ignition, etc.).

I assumed it would be as easy as pulling one wire at a time from what I have and putting the new one in, but there has been some back yard garage work done in the past with mismatched wires, cut wires, etc.

Here is the current dillema. I have the old wiring all out. I have the new harness layed out and the stator hooked up to the new 5 wires that come out (with the 2 extra wires nutted off and tucked in). I don't know what goes where from here. Is there a step by step somewhere or pictures or anything like that? I feel like I can't possibly be a pioneer in trying to do this for the first time.

Any help would be appreciated. I can post any pics you'd like and I've set aside this weekend to figuring it out.