3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

turns over but wont fire?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turns over but wont fire?

i bought an 07 midwest 90 kids quad.the motor was seized,so i unseized and replaced piston and rings,in doing so the marks i made on the valve sprocket? or mabye the cam sprocket? the sproket on the head rubbed off.so i put back together the best i could and now the quad just sputters and wont fire.seems the gas is not making it to the sparkplug.i have tried starting fluid but still will not fire.i have good spark,i havent a compression tester but i think it is low.im thinking timing or valve timing not in sinc with flywheel.when i set the flywheel to tdc the valves should be closed with a .004 gap? is this correct? or should they be right tight? am i on the right track? any help or suggestions will be appreciated.thanks and ride on!!!

Old 06-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update

so heres what i've done. i found marks on timimg sprocket and head so have lined them up at tdc.now does it matter if they line up on compression stroke? seems there are two tdc on four stroke.on compression stroke it is half way off but on next stroke the marks all line up.is this correct? still not much compression but the quad is almost firing. what should i check next or have i missed a step or did one wrong? please somebody send me in the right direction!!!! ty and ride on!!!