3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

New engine with no electronics... advice please?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 01:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New engine with no electronics... advice please?

Hey everyone. I hope all is well.
A friend gave me a brand new Taiye 110 but it has nothing else with it. It has a 5 pin CDI (I believe that’s what it connects to) and I can’t figure out what wiring kit to buy to get what I need to install the engine and get it running. I’ve never had one of these and I’m totally lost on what/where to buy.

Any help would be appreciated. I’ve tried to find some info online but there seems to be a lot of conflicting info and rough Chinese translations which is confusing. Ideally I’d like an all-in-one kit to convert my CT70 over while I rebuild and upgrade the stock stuff.

Thanks a bunch. Here are a few pics. I hope they help because I don’t know anything about this little guy. I don’t even know what most of the hoses and stuff go to. Like the port on the exhaust for instance.
TIA!!! I’m lost

Old 10-25-2017, 09:28 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

That engine is out of a import kids sxs i was just looking at the exact same one at the local shop the other day in for repairs. It may help you in your search for a harness. But just about any 5 pin cdi harness should match up and get you running

Old 10-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Thanks!

I wasn’t sure there was a difference.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Zrock
That engine is out of a import kids sxs i was just looking at the exact same one at the local shop the other day in for repairs. It may help you in your search for a harness. But just about any 5 pin cdi harness should match up and get you running
I’ve got a harness now. I’m not great at electrical, it’s by far my weakest skill, and the colors on mine are slightly different. I see now that the second pigtail is for a gear indicator. Which makes me wonder if this engine has reverse. Regardless, stuffing it all in a CT70 frame with a battery should be interesting.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:44 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

should be fun.. Harness for the most part should be plug and play.. Yes it will have reverse in it. You are going to have to fool the harness that its in neutral with a brake on to start.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hmm. I'll see what I can do. Still trying to figure out how to get everything stuffed into the bike. I need to scrounge up some kind of small battery that will fit in it that will run everything