CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Rolled the DS into a huge mud hole

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolled the DS into a huge mud hole

I was out riding the other day and rolled the DS on its side into a big mud hole. It got pretty wet no water in the oil, but it did get water in the air box. I cleaned the air box out, intake tube and Carb (no water in the intake tube or Carb though). Then starter wouldn’t work and that ended up being a bad ground at the starter solenoid back by the battery. Now the problem is that it runs like crap (Spits and Sputters) if you give it any more than ¼ throttle, If I slowing give it gas it will clear up (Like a 2 stroke) until I shift and bring the RPMS back down. The plugs where burning great before this golden brown (185DJ main DJ needle on 3rd position) now they are black. I moved the needle to position 2 and it ran better, but still not the way it was before.

Old 05-24-2004, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

any idea what the problem could be?

Old 05-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

It probably wont help, but if you have already checked the carb vent tubes, I would probably take the bowl off the carb and check in it.
Justin
Just my .02 if everything else checks out ok

Old 05-25-2004, 12:10 PM
sam
Pro Rider

this wasnt at the mounds was it???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] been ther done that on a banshee. If you havent yet check all electrical connections and dowse w/ WD 40, maybe take carb off clean jets throughly. change those black plugs though. she will run like $hit if there even slightly fouled.
let us know what works.
Sam

Old 05-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Yes it was at the mounds and let me tell ya some of the mud holes out there can be deceiving.

I cleaned the grounds and the connections at the coils but it sill doesn't run the same

Old 05-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

It still has a stumble when under a heavy load, If I gas it in first gear from a low rpm it is flat like there is no power. But once you get the rpms up it is fine. What could it be? Thanks

Old 05-31-2004, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

I was about to make a post similar to this. It has been pouring here for a couple days, and we have some nice sized rain holes. So the old lady says to me I wanna get dirty...... Now seriously, who can't resist that? So we headed out and started hittin puddles. Next thing you know, the quad starts sputtering and stalls. In a short few mins it's up and running again, but it will only idle. Barely any more than idle and the thing coughs and spits and stalls. I'm thinking the same thing bartlettracing is, something clogging the jets or something.

Also, is there any way to prevent this? Like almost waterproof your quad? I have the K&N, but it seems ti let too much water in and dust, what about another air filter? I like puddles, and so does my G/F, but sadly the DS doesn't want to cooperate. Any info would be appreciated. And I am under the impression water isn't the best goin into the carb, but as most gas has a certain % of water, and when it rains and what not, it won't hurt much. Am I wrong? Whats the best thing to do when she drowns? I beat it up hard, and I'm not gonna stop, so i need to know the safest way to do so

Thanks a bunch