Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

non-cvt?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non-cvt?

been making a few posts lately but one big question. i want 4x4 for mud/water but no CVT so i dont have to worry about slipping IF it gets wet. am i right that rincon,rubicon ranchers dont and all others hav cvt?

Old 11-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default non-cvt?

there's also Arctic Cat 500M (manual tranny)
I think suzuki has a small bore manual as well.

I would just like to add (and others could probably attest) that "I HAVE NEVER SLIPPED A BELT!!!"

that right. just because it's cvt, doesn't mean it's gonna slip. I'd have to really find some deep water before sucking it into the belt housing.

sorry about the shout, I just felt that it needed to be said. I remember when I was looking at buying a bike that most persons with manual tranny always used that as an argument for their choice in bikes... surprisingly, you don't see them making those comments much anymore. The truth is that the belts really don't slip that much!

Old 11-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default non-cvt?

oh yeah vinson 500 is manual with auto clutch...i think

Old 11-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default non-cvt?

Ah the belt or no belt issue. First off I don't have a belt drive. But I would own one. Belts get a bad rap and I have been guilty of helping them get it. But I recently attended and mudbog competition and ALL the leading quads were beltdrive. Also if you want anything with any power its gonna have to be a beltdrive. Honda has the Rincon. It is a great 4 wheeler that does very well in everything I've put mine through. It has decent power, but after you add the bigger tires. It will hurt that power. Every other ATV 650 and up have more power. I like my Honda but it really needs more. But its your decision, if you want a non CVT ATV, then the biggest your gonna get is the Rincon 680. Suzuki has the manual Vinson, which is a nice 4 wheeler too.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default non-cvt?

I am another belt drive owner who has NEVER had a wet belt. and ive stood on my seat plenty of times!