Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450

im pretty sure that im geting a 450 but i need help picking one for me. I ride mostly on trails maybe on a track one in awile. i was thinking the trx 450r or yfz450 but my buddies say ltz. i need some help for u guys. THANKS

Old 04-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450

They all are good quads and bring different things to the table. It really comes down to personal preference on which to go with but Ill give you a couple thoughts to think about.

Do you want Fuel Injection ?

I love it and personally wouldnt buy another quad with out it. So that would leave 2 the LTZ and Kawasaki new 450.

Would you like reverse?

That leaves 1 choice the new kawasaki

If mainly trail riding trails the LTZ is a tad wide and the stock 18 inch tires dont help much either but tires shouldnt make a decision.

Go to each individual forum and they all claim they are all the fastest so that gets you no where lol

If mainly trails my 1st choice would be a close look at the kawasaki ( dont know alot about it yet but seems like a good trail quad) or the Honda would probally be my second choice.

If all esle fails pick which color you like best lol

Just my 2 cents hope it helps a little [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 450

I am extremely pleased with my 450R. I ride it almost exclusively in the open desert, and faster more open desert trails. I would however not pick any of the 450's for a tight woods trail quad. They like to rev, and it requires a lot of clutch work which gets really old after a while.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default 450

As recon said. I would also not choose a 450 for tight trails. but some 450's do well in open trails where u can rev them a lot and giv it gas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

but they not the easiest to ride in tight trails.
I got a Z400 and it's easy to ride in tight trails . I find my bike easy to ride anywhere actually.

but back to ur question. out of the ones u named . for trails , i'd pick the 450r , the new black one looks fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Giving the new kawi 450 a look might be good as well. I haven't had a ride on one , but i'm sure it will make a good trail quad.

Good luck with ur choice

Old 04-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450

The honda is the best for trail but if your staying stock i wold go for the suziki.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default 450

suzuki is more for mx racing... its no as good in the sand, and i dont like wherethe computer is located... i LOVE yfz's, but thats just my personal bias. the hindas are a great all-around bike too though, and their pretty comfortable compared to the yfz, but i just like the yfz over all of em. test ride em at a dealership or somethin, or if your buddies have anyof them ride em around and see what you like best. its all up to personal preference.