Arctic Cat Side By Sides Talk about all the Arctic Cats, Sport and Utility

What are the Advantages of the Prowler vs Ranger 500

Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the Advantages of the Prowler vs Ranger 500

I'm tring to decide what direction to take regarding an ATV vs UTV and then the UTV brand differences if I go that direction.

I've been considering the Ranger 500EFI with Turf mode, but since reading how much users like their Prowlers, I wanted to open my options and consider comparing these two, for starters.

So if anyone has owned, used or buddied up with a user of the other brand, I'd like to have some side by side pro's & cons listed, before I go in blindly to make a purchase.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

a guy i rode with in wagonwheel west virginia had one of them rangers. he went places 4wd quads got buried, i dont know much about the prowlers but ive seen a ranger in action. and if the prowler can do what that ranger can do then either one would be a great ride. my brother has a rzr, i dont know what the difference in them rzr's and the rangers are but it was pretty stout.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a Rhino and have ridden several atv's. The Rhino has many advantages, the most popular being the ability to carry a passenger and other items in the rear cargo area. The Rhino has a few disadvantage as most of the other utv's, they are a little longer than atv's and won't turn as sharp in tight situations. But this being said I would still buy another utv.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best thing to do is drive all machines you are considering. The biggest differences between them is overall size, seats, cargo bed size, and payload capacity. All have but the Teryx have EFI for 2008. The Ranger is the biggest overall, with a bench seat vs buckets, and it has the largest cargo box, and payload capacity. If you need a work machine, its ready.

The Prowler XTX is the widest, with the lightest payload. It is also the fastest, and has tilt wheel. The Teryx splits the difference between the Prowler and the Rhino, at 58 inches wide, and a 500 lb payload. But is a carbed twin. The Rhino is the smallest, the slowest, but has the most customizing options via aftermarket parts.

HTH

Old 03-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Range Rover

Thanks to all that replied to my questions, but I made a decision today.

Well, I decided that a SXS was more than I really needed, so I choose the Polaris X2 and will take delivery next weekend.