Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

OxLite Brush Guards

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2000, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tires & rims both rubbed when turned to full lock with the suspension at full droop (on a car lift). I was able to bend the guards & reposition them so that they only barely touch the rims on a flat part of the guard (not the edge). I then used the lift to put downward pressure on the front rack to compress the suspension & low & behold the guard on the left side is hitting the frame-radiator support & preventing full flex. Out comes the special tool again (Crescent Wrench) & with a little more modification the suspension will now fully compress without the guards hitting anything & the rims just barely touch the guards at full droop turned to full lock. My idea about turning the u-bolts around is no good as it would put the nuts too close to the CV boots & risk damage, so as soon as I decide I am happy with the position & fit I am going to cut the remaining threads off. I like the excellent coverage the OxLites provide & they look tough, like they can take a beating, but as far as the fit, I can only give them a "C" at best. I know anytime you put add-on items on anything you always run into variables as far as fit & design. Some of it could be variances on the ACs also. I think most of my problems stemmed from where the factory guard mounts were welded to the A-arms, keeping me from putting the guards in the optimum position. I have another set of OxLites to install on my Dad's Auto Cat & I think I'll wait a day or so & think about it before I try those, maybe they will bolt right on & have no problems, I'll let you all know how it goes.