Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Going with Gorilla's

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going with Gorilla's

After spending one hour at the dealer, and 20 miniutes with Arctic Cat Service manager. I have decided to go with two Gorilla axels, for the rear of my 2003- 400i. They cost 365.00 ea. plus shipping. This is a pile of money to me, but I feel it is the only way to go. They say they have no problems with axels and will not admit to redesigning them in 2004. He will not replace, because I am past my 6 month warranty. They say there is no differance from 2003 to 2004. Cost of stock axels is 275.00 so for me I'll spend a little more and get a strong axel with a warranty. From what I hear at first AC replaced them with no questions.But they have been replacing so many that they desided to say there is no axel problem. Unless you are under warranty you are S.O.L. So two Gorilla's on the rear and I'll have one stock one to use as a spair when I break one on the front end. Notice the word when. Otherwise that 400 is a great quad and is really well made.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

hey man i sent you a pm

Old 03-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

DikTok, makes me glad i paid for that extra 3.5 years of extended warranty.

Old 03-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds like a smart move to get extra waranty time. Maximus I wish I talked to you sooner I will be getting the axels on Monday (there on the way). Maybe you know if Detroit Gearless Locker is having any luck with AC's front diff?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2004, 02:18 AM
Trailblazer

hey diktok, did the dealership say if having aftermarket tires would void the warranty or not, i may ask before i get some, maybe keep the stock tires and rims around to switch over to if i have to take it in for warranty work.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

no problem. there will not be a locker by anyone for the 500i. the olny way to do it would be go the 650 route are get a king quad diff and put in the front.

Old 03-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Trailblazer

That is a good idea eventhough it may be dishonest. They do ask about tire size. Our local dealer is cool about everything but Arctic Cat service reps. are starting to play hardball. They will blame tires or say you were doing something wrong. But they will not admit they may have an axel problem. AC's are very good machines for what we do, there well made with quality parts. So I remain commited to my machine that is why I'm spending alot of money to make mine reliable. I thought about trading it in for a Yamaha or Suzuki but I like the cat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

Alpha Sports shows an updated Part # for the rear axle replacement!
0502-544 AXLE,DRIVE (FIS) Price 196.50

Old 03-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

mine went past the 6 month warranty also and my dealer of whom i bought 3 bikes from would not cover it. I called AC direct and spoke with someone on the issue and they admitted ot having a problem and said mine would be taken care of. within an hour my dealer calls me and says to bring it in. AC also said they would cover any futire problems with the other 3 axels, and YES IT IS A VERY DIFFERENT AXEL!!

Old 03-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

Yea I know all about this subject. However my results were not as good. 2 months out of warranty I busted a CV boot, ok my problem, well when I finally gor the CV off, the splines in the axle were rounded off. Usually 2 or three taps and the CV comes off the axle, well this one took about 2 hours with heat applied and all. Brought it to my dealer and he was like oh well sucks to be you gimme your $249.00 for a new one. AC will not cover this under warranty. Well I called AC and the woman was like well did you or the dealer take it off? It DOES NOT MATTER!!! She just said oh well...2 months out of warranty...The pisser is that you can't buy individual parts for the axle...You have to buy the whole assy.. I work on copiers for a living and I can get any nut, bolt tie wrap you name it and I can get it. That is a bunch of crock they are putting on us...Shame on you AC!!

Quick Reply: Going with Gorilla's