Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

going to try somethng new, what yall think

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to try somethng new, what yall think

as most of us know they do not make a clutch kit for the 500i manual. they do make one for the auto. running big mud tires is would be great if you could get the engagment up by 500 rpms before it starts to move. what we need is a stiffer wet clutch spring. these come with the epi clutch kit for the auto. i have talked to epi several times and they will not just sale the springs, so i am going to buy the complete kit and try and use the wet clutch spings in my bike. epi will not tell me much in the way of the speaks on the sping so this will be a shot in the dark. what do yall think about this. yall think this will do the trick. i do have someone that is going to buy the rest of the kit and put it in there auto so i will not be out the entire price of the kit. give me some feedback on this

Old 04-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

A clutch in an auto is NOT the same as the clutch in a manual........NOT EVEN CLOSE.

manual trans clutch

entire transmission...including primary clutch on auto

Old 04-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

i know that the 2 clutches are not the same. the part i am talking about is the wet clutches inside the motor. the clutch kit comes with these springs as well as the primary spring and the bushings.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't think that any of the clutch kits come with springs for the sprag clutch. I am not sure that there the same on the auto's and manuals but it would make sense. This is the clutch that disingages the manual transmission and the primary clutch on the auto's at idle. Give it a try and let us know how it works. Worst case you put them in your buddies auto. Take pictures please.