Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

CARLISLE Badland XTR's death trap!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CARLISLE Badland XTR's death trap!

I am pretty happy with my XTR's. I know they won't get me through the mud hole like some Mud Lites or 589's, but they don't rip up the grass too much and seem to be alright. I am not going to replace them until they are warn out. 7psi in each and they do good. Thanks for all the information, I will keep a heads up now.

Old 06-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

I gotta say, our matched pair of 04 400i 4x4's run those Carlisle radials and we've got over 400 miles on each of them. So far, no problems, but now I'll probably be paranoid as hell. We run about 8 psi in ours and so far they've performed fine out here in the desert.

As an aside, when we first bought them I asked the dealer how much pressure was in the tires. "Oh, about 5-6 pounds" he says. Come to find out, the tires varied from 7 to 13 pounds, meaning nobody EVER checked them at the dealership!

Old 06-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

I run 1PSI in my Stock Dunlop radials at the dunes, and I ride it like I stole it (when my girls aren't riding). I catch pretty decent air, ride the whoops, donuts on the beach... NEVER had a problem with beads. ATV rims even seem to have a more pronounced bead than truck tires, so I wonder how you'd have a problem with a tire coming off at 7PSI. My factory recommended pressure isn't even 5PSI.
And how the heck could you go over the front if you lost a tire??? You must have hit a hole or something that totally swallowed your tire. I have a hard time believing that it was like one of the cheap cop movies, where the guy gets his tire shot out and he immediately goes into this wild spin, flips over, and explodes.
Or you're just the unluckiest guy ever.