Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Racing cams.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing cams.

Hi all.....well i finally got my cams and key in.....and whata difference..made ita real wheelie machine........just touch the throtal quick and wow wheels are up.........it is fun riding and knowing u got the power when u need it.......i havnt tried it out alot yet...but ...will find out next weekend.going ona 2 day ride...have fun guys....Rod

Old 06-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Racing cams.

Limrok,
What are these cams and where do you get them? I understand what a cam is I just haven't herd of any for the Kawi V-twin before. What kind of power do they produce and where is it located in the RPM range. The ponies wouldn't do me much good if they were only at high rpm. I allready have an EPI clutch, a Dynatec CDI and have done an intake and exh mod along with jetting. It allready stands up whenever I want it to but for me, more is better.

Rich.

Old 06-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default Racing cams.

Wookie..
...the cams are made ..by Web Cams...not not the ones for the internet...lol.....when u order them ..they will send u the ones for your bike and then u have to send yours in s cores.....the power was .a lot better.and it helps all through the power curve.........dont havea tac as yet so dont know the rpm.but i know it isnt over reving.....i also have the dg3 moduel and that helps also...............befpor i did the cams i had to work to get it to wheelie.now....just hit the throatle and ...WOWWWWWW.....it comes on hard...

Old 06-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default Racing cams.

wookie sorry.....
the cams are made in California........i dont know the phone number or the internet addy...sorry.hope u find what u need.......

Old 06-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Range Rover
Default Racing cams.

Gotta love google.

http://www.webcamshafts.com/

Brent

Old 06-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Racing cams.

Thank you guys. I'm going to check them out. How long did it take you to install them Limrok? Did they come with complete instructions?

Rich.

Old 06-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default Racing cams.

Wookie...i had my dealer install them......he said it took longer than the book says.....wasnt easy.......as it is ahrd to get the cam holder bolts out..had to do some mods under the seat to do it....drill 2 hole....also it took about 2 hours to install the timing key....but bang for the buck was the cams and key.....i puta 3 degree.u can go to 4 degree but would have to use ...premum gas.. iuse premum any way .......but if by some chandce u r in a small town sometimes u cant get high grade.....but wookie.take it to a small motor mech to install the cams...u will have to reset valves and all.

i am very luck as my dealer is helping me do all the mods....great guys and say not to worry about ..the mods.......they will make sure there is warranty on the ike,,,,,,so good luck and havea good one
.....yours truly..Rod