Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

arctic limp problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 01:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arctic limp problem

I have a 650le, purchased in feb. i have put on 100 miles pre trip and while on vacation in pa.,i had the belt light come on 30 min into the ride,i limped it back 25 mi.called 2 dealers in pa.,to no suprise no help.after trailering it back home 250 mi.,to my local dealer we called arctic cat to find they couldnt help us,so they put on a new cdi box,which seemed to work,until the next day,when i was again 25 mi.away from civilization. now it seemed to be the fuel pump which kept cutting out. i took it to another dealer who also called "cat" to find out that the problem couldt be explained. so back home and a week later it seems that the cdi box is getting a voltage spike which sends a faulty signal and it will trigger either the belt senser or the fuel pump. now the good part customer relations called me today to see how my machine was running after the problems i had.i told them that i was unhappy with the info the techs. had provided and the amount of money i had spent on a trip ($1500 cabin,regs.gas )they didnt have any response to any question i had so im trading it in tomorrow on the kawasaki 750 bute force.if anyone would like to speek with relations at "arctic cat" the number is (218)681-9851 ask for judy she is no help but entertaing to talk to.

arctic cat 650 le
kawasaki 700
both 27in mudlites

Old 07-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

That brute force trade has been in my head for a bit too,just because of the way we are being treated by arctic cat over this issue.I don't think it is an issue to them.

Old 07-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Trailblazer

I can not believe your dealer had know idea about a well known problem (The problem has been known for some time now, we had this problem last fall and knew how to reset the limp mode at that time). Arctic Cat knows about the problem and have been passing information to us from the beggining.

Their is a permenant fix available in limited quantities now, all quad will recieve a recall when they have enough fixes in thier system, (sounds like a couple of weeks to the start of the month) until then it is very easy to reset the limp mode. If your quad is going into limp mode very regularly you can get a fix now.
If you do not have any luck with your dealer, have him call the dealer support cell in Winnipeg and ask for Bert, your dealer has the his number in his Arctic Cat directory, Bert will instruct him and can supply him with a permanant fix for your quad.

Old 07-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer

Arctic Cat stands behind their product better than anyone, (I have experiance with many other manufacturers) If their is a problem they will fix it for you. Unfortunatly their are some dealers out their who are not as motivated as others.

Old 07-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Mine is one of them.

Old 07-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer

Yort....i am still waitting for my fixes..winking.......hey guys i know yort.personally..........and we live in same town and he is right..i have not had problems with ..my dealer...................he has helped with my mods and ...everything is cool........my moudeul went .and am waitting fora new one.it seems that the only ones haveing problems with the dg3 is one witha shutoff switch........good riding guys .and relax..they are only machines.....after all if it has **** or tires it will give u trouble...............lol

Old 07-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

Hey yort,what are the odds of hooking me up with a fix?LOL,probably not great huh.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Trailblazer

If you have no luck with your dealer send me your info and I will make some calls. Their are some fixes available now but everyone will be getting one soon.

Old 07-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

If there is a fix on the way I figure I will just wait my turn,I know there are lots of people having more trouble than I am.Thanks for the offer but I hope I wont need you.I'll just suck on my thumb untill the time comes when I get one.

Old 07-14-2004, 02:17 AM
Trailblazer

Just got my 650 last week and it came with a limp mode fix kit in a seperate plastic bag with instructions. This is an AC kit that our dealer has for every 650 he sells. I'm too tired right now to go outside and pull it out of the bike to give you more info on this but I'll do it tomorrow if anyone is interested.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: arctic limp problem