Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat ATV with EFI

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arctic Cat ATV with EFI

Originally posted by: polaris5610
I live in Arkansas so you can tell I know nothing about sleds. However I know that my EFI and my buddy's as well as all the people on the fourms love theres. I haven't heard of any problems with them, go ahead and go to the Polaris fourm and look for EFI's with problems. There hard to find.....
Polaris's EFI systems seems to be working well so far, I hope it continues. It is true that the EFI systems was junk on their sleds. This is where it can get tricky, because EFI problems don't show up right away, it can take a few years before anyone knows they are junk. That is why Polairs stoped putting it in their sleds.

Old 08-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: polaris5610
Originally posted by: weez440
get it wet once all the employees laugh at it yeah it is the way of the future and KUDOS to polaris for stepping up to the plate being the first one
Well I've been in water past my the top of my racks and don't think that I wont do it again and take a picture just to prove you wrong. I've had my EFI "wet" many times, in some VERY deep water. I have NEVER I mean NEVER had any problems with my 700, thats EFI or anything else on the bike. It has over 1700 and has never seen a shop. If you would like I will go as far to give you my VIN number and have you call Polaris with my information and you can ask them if I have had any warranty work done. Thanks for your time, and if you want to test me on any of that please just let me know![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"I've got facts, not something I heard from somebody"
I agree with you.......the polaris EFI systems seems to work very good. I hate it when someone says......"I have a friend of a friend who rides with a guy who's uncle's friend said they are trash"..... as far as I remember, that does not constitute as facts. I have seen a 700efi go through water and mud up to the top of the tank and never stall or have any problems. Just like I have said before.........IF YOU BASH, YOU MUST BE TRASH. I have even rode the 700efi and it is a great machine with smooth ride, smooth power response from the efi.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

well i used to work at polaris industries in roseau minnesota a couple years ago and have alot of friends who are testers and engineers that work there that i have heard first hand accounts from so yeah i do know what i am talking about cause these are the people who test build and engineer the very machines you are driving so i hear first hand accounts of what is good or bad and i have yet to see one polaris employee buy a 700 efi you wait and see by next summer the polaris forum will be filled with people cussing out the efi system

Old 08-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK....since you are the expert authority, if next summer there are not a lot of people complaining about the EFI, are you going to come back and say you were wrong?????? I doubt it!

Old 08-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

well, if they are testers and engineers, what is "THEIR" problem that they can't seem to perfect this design they are complaining about? If they are the ones designing, testing, and assembling these machines, they should know what they are doing, right? They should see what the problems are and have the resources and knowledge to correct the problems, right? Are they not concerned about customer satisfaction? Obviously not if they are the ones who are doing the ground work on the machines in the first place.

Just some food for thought.

Old 08-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

they have to make deadlines to sometimes some places want to rush something new onto the market to get alot of sales and if there isn't alot of complaints on them next summer (after the warranties run off which is when the stuff starts breaking) i will go onto the polaris forum and give an apology to the whole polaris community

Old 08-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Well all we can do is wait it out and see....

Old 08-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: peteyz24
I have heard bad things about the polaris efi. I know a guy that had a polaris efi sled, im thinking and will never had one again. Im sure they will get the kinks worked out eventually, but cat has always been the leader in the efi field. When this thing comes out it has to be flawless, because unlike the limp mode fiasco, if you efi goes on you 20 miles out, you cant even limp it back to the truck.
Polaris hasn't used EFI in sleds since about 1995 due to Arctic Cat patent lawsuit against them. I always heard they were reliable.

Old 08-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

I should say until this year (2005) with the 900 Fusion chassis RMK.

Old 08-31-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

lol the fusion hey buy a fusion and clean the carburators on it and tell me how long it takes ya

Quick Reply: Arctic Cat ATV with EFI