Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

power increase

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power increase

You guys really don't get it do you. If you go thru life not learning or learning from others mistakes you are just going to continue to be a loser and waste your life accomplishing nothing. It's a shame that the liberals of world have convinced you that it's a no-no to hurt someones feeling. Well get real, that's whats wrong with the world. Guy #1 does something stupid; guy #2 says you did bad(the truth by the way) and you attack the truth teller and defend the wromg doer. No wonder the world is more full of them than ever.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default power increase

You seem to be the only person who thinks he screwed up. A little self righteous arent we...

I'm done with this thread, I've given all the useful input I had. Good luck on your search for more power splint, and sorry this crap had to go on in your thread.

Old 11-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default power increase

It must be great being born with all your smarts.Or did you listen and learn from every hatefull old SOB that grilled you on your stupidity??No,I'll bet you were a lot like every other red blooded boy in North America and told him to cram it with walnuts ugly,and did it the way you wanted to in the first place.THATS the way most people learn,by doing.Not listening to hatefull old cuss's that really don't want to help,just complain.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default power increase

heyyou; You sound like the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 11-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default power increase

LOL,yeah ok,apology accepted.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default power increase

hate to put in anything else but here is a few links I have found in the quest for more power http://www.highlifter.com/store/High...nce%20Kit.html for a jet kit, pipe and filter, a link for a article about the muffler mod (suppose to be quieter than a aftermarket the way I understand http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...r&keyword2=mod and a link to a home grown tranny trick http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fan...gato/my_photos a couple of cheap alternatives there at the end and a more expensive at the begining but it all depends on your budget and the time you want to spend

Old 11-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default power increase

when i bought my arctic cat last year i ordered the biggest tire i could find 28x12x12 28x10x12 gators
and i asked the dealer if it would effect the performance of the quad,and he said it shouldent make that much of a differance.
the reason i got the big tires was because speed did not matter to me and as for power i thought the 500 had plenty of power plus it was a manual also.
so i thought if i need more power i always had low range.
i expected it to have a slight power loss and im sure splint knew that also when he got his tires.
i know he asked the question about it on the forum.
because i remember replying to the post as did a few others.
when i got my new rubicon in may i orderd 26" mud lites but it wasent because of the lost power, it was because the 28s were to hard on parts.
if i knew the honda would hold up to 27s or 28s i would have put them on but i was scared of what happend to my cat and i cant afford any more problems so i went with a smaller tire.
my friend has the same quad and he has 27"mud lites on his and he hasent broken any parts on his.
YET.
and if his is still going when im ready for new tires i just might go to 27" next time.
but splints not complaning about the tires he just asked what he could do to get that bit of lost power he had back.
i think thats what you called reserching befor buying.
he did the reserch on the tires and got what he wanted for mud and snow performance.
so now hes resurching the engine performance part of the quad.
so lets help him out insted of beeking off to one another.
i agree with the others a jet kit and after market exhuast would help with the power loss.
i dont know about the filter unless its a performance foam filter.
i heard that the gause filters(K&N) dont stop very much in dusty conditions.
and that is hard on the engine.
hope we did scare you off.
ive had my share of disagrements on this forum and im still here and i will be for a long time comming.
and im sure we"ll disagree again but untill then.
im agreeing to disagree.

ride often and have fun thats what its all about.

Old 11-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default power increase

Mudblaster; Just think how boring life would be if everyone always agreed. After a week you'd want to blow your brains out just so you could at least disagree with yourself.

Old 11-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default power increase

"You guys really don't get it do you. If you go thru life not learning or learning from others mistakes you are just going to continue to be a loser and waste your life accomplishing nothing. It's a shame that the liberals of world have convinced you that it's a no-no to hurt someones feeling. Well get real, that's whats wrong with the world. Guy #1 does something stupid; guy #2 says you did bad(the truth by the way) and you attack the truth teller and defend the wromg doer. No wonder the world is more full of them than ever. "

1.) I am no liberal, BY ANY MEANS. If you believe being POLITE is being liberal, you need to re-evaluate life.

2.) No one is defending him at all. Go pout in the corner. I feel that I represent most posters that you don't need to GO OFF on a guy, because he wanted taller tires, and bought them. REREAD his post. He's looking for more POWER. If you can't tell him , then go to another post.

Tact goes a long ways. Not everyone has "climbed the mountain".

What have I accomplished? Hows a 9.72 pass on a SNOWMOBILE on Asphalt at 135 mph on PUMP GAS? Try 4.92 @ 118 mph in 500' on ice? 8.92 in a Big Block Vega at 161mph? I own 2 business's. Big Deal. Its not germaine to the topic. This is all about 4 wheelers and a guy looking for more power.

Old 11-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Range Rover
Default power increase

so i guess bear would also disagree with putting 40" swampers on a raised pickup as well. thats some serious power loss. im not saying your wrong bear, there have been plenty of times ive yelled at someone for what i thought was a waste of money. but u have to look at both sides. ya he lost some power but what did he get in return- more ground clearance+more traction. Im sure that outweighs the negative part especially now that he probably got rid of the chance of him getting stuck as often like his stockers, i know i get mad when i get stuck and all the headache that causes. besides he just asked how he can offset the loss of power, he wasnt crying that he lost some power, if he was then you can yell at him all you want because he was ignorant to finding out the consequences of larger tires.

p.s. does anyone else think that bear reminds them of that one guy that was on monster house- that carpenter named doctor wood that got on everyone's nerves because he thought he knew better than neone else. just a thought

Quick Reply: power increase