ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Arctic Cat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/arctic-cat/)
-   -   Is the Cat 650 single made by Arcticat or Suzuki? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/arctic-cat/178946-cat-650-single-made-arcticat-suzuki.html)

CmdrBen 11-07-2004 04:59 PM

Is the Cat 650 single made by Arcticat or Suzuki?

Here is an article on the 650 H1.

Polaridoo 11-07-2004 07:10 PM

Arctic Cat tested it's new motor more than any of the other ATV manufacturers test thier own motors? Are you sure? Where did you hear this?

The German company is supposedly VW.

ethernut 11-09-2004 08:20 AM

It's a well known fact that AC is testing their H1 more than any other quad manufacturer. They are cold spinning evey one of them on a dyno before they are hot tested. Pretty impressive. Some car manufacturers don't even do that...

cc1999 11-10-2004 04:45 PM

I was wondering why did they choose to go with a 650 and not a 700 or 750, they already have an award winnig motor in there 650 V2 and the market has been going 700+ for two years now.

ethernut 12-06-2004 04:53 PM

Late response I know, but my guess is this: When they started blueprinting the 650 H1 3 years ago, a 650 was considered a big bore. AC has more of them in the works.

Catterman 12-06-2004 08:45 PM

I heard it won't be out until March or so now. They need to just add EFI to it too. All they would have to do is take Suzuki's system from the KQ and make a few minor mods. PERFECT!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

DanW 12-06-2004 09:58 PM

A/C has been making their own EFI for years for snowmobiles. It is a batteryless system, with the snowmobile engine being pull-start. I don't think they'll have a problem getting EFI on their quads, but the first one you see probably won't be their H1, but the Suzuki-built 500 motor. It is the one they've had as a test mule for some time now.

Catterman 12-07-2004 01:33 PM

Originally posted by: DanW
A/C has been making their own EFI for years for snowmobiles. It is a batteryless system, with the snowmobile engine being pull-start. I don't think they'll have a problem getting EFI on their quads, but the first one you see probably won't be their H1, but the Suzuki-built 500 motor. It is the one they've had as a test mule for some time now.
They have had the batteryless systems since 1997, so what has taken them so long to put it in a ATV??? So are you saying they will have an EFI system out for 2006???

DanW 12-07-2004 07:54 PM

I don't know why they havn't done it yet. I just know they have had it running around on a 500 for some time. Maybe Zuki blocked it because they wanted it first. I'd love to see it on the V2, but that won't happen. The H1 is their best bet, and I'd guess you won't see it until at least the 2nd year of production. They can't afford any negative issues on their engines, so they go with what is proven, and carbs are proven and simple. Just look at general aviation engines. They are 1940's technology for the most part, including the carbs. When Cat started development of the H1, there wasn't serious talk of EFI coming to market.