Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

no jet kit available

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no jet kit available

i called dynojet and they told me they didn't make a jet kit for the 03 500i auto. their website says they do but the lady on the phone says no. does anyone have a jet kit for this machine? would the one for the manual work?

Old 11-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no jet kit available

According to their web site they do: Q621. I called because I wanted to talk to a tech and address what appeared to be to be an error in their kit listings on their web page. They list both the Q620 and Q621 for an 03 500 Auto. The tech said the 621 was the correct kit. Since their kits have to be somewhat general in design, I also wanted to get some more info from him, mostly about testing procedures and their approach to kit design, but he really didn't have very good communication skills - as in "hey dude," similar to my 14 year old son. I never got far enough to ask him about how much tweaking I could expect to do in order to get spot on, or if they errored on the side of a rich mixture to protect themselves legally. My overall purpose was to find out how much more I was going to have to do once the kit was installed and anything they could provide that would make that easier I wanted to know. I didn't get the answers I wanted. If anyone out there has experience, please let me know.

In reality the best way would seem to have your machine dyno'ed and optimized for your altitude. Might cost $2-300. bucks, but overall the results might make each of us happer in the long run.

Jim