Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat stories

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arctic Cat stories

Hey it would be cool to here some stories of how ur Arctic Cats spanked other quads out on the trails.

Old 11-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

2 weeks ago i went riding with some friends that had the following quads; polaris 700, 600, and 500HO kawi prarie 650 and yamaha big bear. the first adventure we encountered was a shallow pond.... the 700 went right into the middle hit some ruts and was done (had to winch out) next the big bear went the same route and after getting off and rocking it back and fourth finally made it (got to give him props for all the effort) I fired up my cat put into 4 hi and easily made it through the same hole rode back next to the group turned it off and just sat there waiting for any comments. same thing happened about half way through our ride. we came upon a long watery mud hole and this time the yamaha went first and just barely got in far enough to get his rear tires in the hole and was stuck, i pulled him out and the 700 tried next. he made it half way and got so stuck that i couldn't pull him out so out came the winch. once he was clear i dropped the 400 into 4 low and cruised through like it was nothing. GOT TO LOVE MY CAT!

Old 11-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer

Yeh its fun to go through spots in two wheel drive where my rideing buddy's get stuck in four wheel drive.I rode with 5 grizzly's 2 Suzuki's and my wifes 04 500i. Had to use the winche alot on those yamaha's. I have 27 outlaws on my 650 and the wifes quad has stock tires. She made the 3 Yamaha's with stock tires look bad. The other two had 26 589's and 27 Mudmachine tires. They could go better but no one could follow me on my 650. Check out my pics.

Old 11-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For me, I really don't care if my AC "spanks" other brands off the line, in the deep mud or at high speeds. There's only 1 person my AC needs to please. If wondering, it isn't me. Here's my story:

Unlike many on this forum, we purchased our 1st quad after my oldest son's cancer was finally in remission. For 2.5 years, I slept beside my son while in his double isolation room at the hospital. As he endured 35+ blood transfusions, countless rounds of blood, stomach, and muscle chemo, I kept saying to him, "we will have fun in life - just hang on!!!". Approx. 6 months after my oldest son was released from the hospital, we bought our first quad. An 2002 AC 500i. Approx. 1 year later, we purchased a mini Pred-90 for my youngest son. If wondering, my oldest son is disabled, only says 2 word sentences and double rides with me. Since that time, we go riding every weekend (weather permitting). We do sand dune runs, forest trails but enjoy the "mud runs" the best. surf: - Press Here -

If you've ever had a disabled child look up at you and say, "more mud daddy - please!!!", you'd understand what I'm trying to describe. For "us boys" in my family, quading is the tool to have fun, talk about life during our snack / drink breaks and to be with nature. If you ever drive into the middle of nature, turn off your engine and listen. I mean "really listen" for the birds, the crickets and the water flowing in the stream beside you, you'll understand what "life and living" is all about. Without our quads, we'd be stuck in the city listening to cars rushing by and our close neighbors fighting with their kids. To us, quading is the tool to have fun, allow "us boys" to bond together and to be with nature. A win-win situation in our family....

To me, we could be driving a Honda, Polaris or some Import. As long as it runs and it keeps "us boys" happy, the brand name on the side doesn't matter.

Old 11-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, some of you probably want something about AC brand, how "great" it is and how people will remember it. Here's another....

Our daughter had a Special Event with her Cubs class last winter. Instead of an indoor event, their entire gang went tobogganing. It was a clear moon, no wind and lots of snow in our area. Many families pulled together and brought their kids to our snow hill. It's a little hill but we sure do have lots of fun on it. As I watched the first few kids slide down the hill, I immediately noticed it was too dark. Since we were expecting a small amount of 8"-12" of snow fall that night, thick clouds started to cover the full moon. Being so close to our house, I walked back the fired up my 2002 AC 500i quad. In 4x4 gear, I drove it to the bottom of the hill, spun it around and shined its high beams sideways onto the hill. With the extremely bright dual lights on this utility quad, an airplane flying over top would think it missed its runway. That's how bright its front lights are!!!! As I walked up the hill, many parents and strangers gave me a high five. And, from parents who don't even like quad bikes. Their kids could now zip down the hill without hitting other kids walking up the hill, or they could avoid those deep jumps. Did those kids ever have a blast after that!!!!