Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

H1 Arctic Cat’s Nail In The Coffin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H1 Arctic Cat’s Nail In The Coffin?

This is serious I would expect heads will start rolling. Should get interesting Any grape vine out there.

Shonk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

What do you mean?

Old 03-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I must have missd it...could you give more info?

Old 03-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

I think theshonk is just being a bit sarchastic and is asking if there's any new news.

No, there's no "nail in the coffin". AC had one of it's best years sales wise so far. I don't think there's any dangers of death any time soon. :-)

Old 03-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Yesterday’s homeruns don’t win tomorrows ballgames. What is the return on the multimillions? As of to day the return is in the negative Arctic Cat, as we know it is short lived. A mid size company cannot survive this type of investment running a year behind schedule. Look to China they want to break into the North America market big time. and they have the cash. This is heartbreaking maybe it will be the Japanese

Shonk

Old 03-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer

How can this be when a few weeks ago thier stocks had the biggest single day jump? And I noticed that they continued to climb, until I quit watching last week. I hope they can pull through. If they would hurry and get thier H1 out as promissed it may restore confidence.

Old 03-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think this is alarmist speculation with no proof that the company is in touble. The company appears to be on solid ground with no indicators of trouble. We don't even know if the H-1 is going to sell and live up to the the companies promises. At this point it is a wait and see. If the engine is a dud and breaks all the time, then, yes they will be in trouble. But now, no one knows and to speculate is stupid and alarmist at best.

Old 03-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Stock price and company health are totally unrelated. Stock price in related to invester perception, not reality. Remeber Enron? Its stock price hit the high at the same time the criminal activity was the highest.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Fellas, AC isn't going anywhere. Shonk I think you're overreacting a bit. To each his own though. I side with you on the matter Bear.

I only buy American machines. That said, if Polaris and AC didn't exist, I'd build my own or find a new hobby.

I'm not stirring anymore on this thread. It kind of stinks of negativity. :-)

Old 03-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

You have to remember that AC sells a lot more sleds than they do ATV's. Their business was built on sled production, and to my knowledge that is still their main line of product. ATV's are a relatively recent venture. They want the bugs out of this motor and are doing extensive R&D on it, as it will most likely be the basis for any other in-house motors that they build. AC is building a stout reputation in the ATV industry, with lots of good ideas, they'll be around a while. Bombardier however.......

Quick Reply: H1 Arctic Cat’s Nail In The Coffin?