Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Hello All... (newbie to forum just saying hi)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello All... (newbie to forum just saying hi)

Hi guys - well the lime green machine is home - dealer couldn't get my rear bumper in time (he thought he had one but didn't) - but I wanted to pick up the bike anyways. I'm going down to pick up my father-in-laws AC400 right now so it will be here when he gets home from work - he's going to come straight here. We're going to head out for a rip - they will seem like new trails I'm sure since the last time I was out, there was still lots of snow and ice covering up the rocks, limbs, roots and oh yeah MUD!!!! lol

I saw a H1 when I picked up my bike - the black looked pretty sweet!!!!! I think the fancy rims look nice, but everyone I know has their rims banged up from rocks etc so I couldn't justify it myself.

I'm just a little excited - I've wanted a toy like this my whole life.....
Barnzilla

p.s. Theshonk - yes spring is in the air up here now - we did get snow 2 weeks ago though, but it didn't last.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

i didn't wanna start anything shonk, so i run 27 inch tires and they told the factory i was running stock about 50 percent of the people in here put on oversized tires right away when they get their machine home. i knew i didn't have to change tires anyways and besides the warranty work i had done wasn't even related to the tires anyways. and her name is aunt kelly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i love my auntie kelly she gets me parts through arctic cat salvage. oh and discount on all atv parts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Welcome!

Old 04-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

All I did was answer a question regarding why some people are down on AC. Maybe I hit a nerve. I am glade to learn that the aunt’s name is Kelly and that you love her. Your redefined relationship with your dealer is appropriate.

[Oh and on a private note FUDM!]

What does “FUDM!” mean?

Shonk

Old 04-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

I'm not sure - but my take on the FUDM! comment is F.U. Doug Myers - sounds like the guy on the ATV Television show (which I have never seen). I'm only assuming this from reading the post.... I could be way off on my theory.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase - although it's early yet!!!

Old 04-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

What does Doug Meyers have to do with anything?

Shonk

Old 04-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Theshonk, go back to the 1st page and read Weez's 2nd reply - I think the comment has to do with Doug Myer's bashing Arctic Cat's on ATVtelevision, could be mistaken though - but that is my take.... heard anything from Arctic Cat yet?

Have a good weekend everyone
Barnzilla

Old 04-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

I got it back today cut out early to pick it up seems to be OK They have no idea when AC will be shipping gas tanks out west (weeks). I put on 20 miles + around the place just got back in for supper. Doug Meyer I get it now. I was too focused on Aunt Bea.I thought Meyer rated the 650 V2 atv of the year in 04 maybe not.

Shonk

Old 04-17-2005, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider

you guys are right it was about doug meyer. i mean come on he has his favorites and those favorites are the ones who give more sponsership. he loves the straight axle and for alot of people that is great but up here where i ride you need independent for the ground clearance. so i don't like to hear him knocking different features that are a must in different terrains that he doesn't even ride in. and the 2 brands he is most harsh on are both american made products, so a person would think that he would try to promote that a lil more.

Old 04-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

I’ll buy that he likes low CG (maybe he rolled one) and of course who ever butters his bread. Also he is a devoted Christian.

Shonk

Quick Reply: Hello All... (newbie to forum just saying hi)