Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005 | 11:17 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default HELP!!!

I was having problems with my AC 2001 250 2x4 spewing a dark green liquid out of the tube with a duck bill cap on the right side. So i decided to drain ther oil and see if it was over filled and what i found was not good. The<u>THIN</u> greenish liquid that flooded out was definately not just oil. It smelled as if it were a mixture of gas and oil. Does anybody know what could have caused this? I really want my cat back. please help. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2005 | 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default HELP!!!

I believe there is a chance that if the float sticks in the carb, and you leave the gas valve in the "ON" position (assuming there is a valve) fuel can run into the cylinder and pool up when the machine is off. Then it runs around the rings and into the oil.

You need to change the oil a couple of times running it as just enough to mix the oil aroud as the fuel in the oil will take out bearings fairly quickly. But also check your carb and or fuel shutoff valve so the problem does not happen again.

Hope this helps.

SJ