Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Hows it going?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hows it going?

HA weez you are funny! South Dakota would be awesome, they even have some muley's out there and analope. Let me know if you need a hunting buddy! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You got to get yourself a wife that is into all this outdoor stuff. My wife is the one who suggest the H1, even if it is more money! So I ate that all up. We did end up getting it too! Can't wait to take her for a spin! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hows it going?

hey catter you are gonna have to let us know how she handles. and i am thinking when i move down there that there is a bunch of prarie dogs that will be barking at me to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and when i get out there and established you will have to come pheasant hunting with me i think it will be a blast. but i am gonna have to keep whitetail hunting in minnesota though we have about 600 acres or so of private land that our hunting party owns and i am building a deer stand right now 59 inches by 69 inches made out of all metal except the floor. so well if a fire comes through the only thing standing will be my deer stand [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] when i get it done i will put a picture of it on here.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Got Milk!
Default Hows it going?

Oh man I love the homemade deer stands! Before we moved up to Alaska my dad and I were working on one using old rail-road ties. A metal one would be cool too. Be sure to put a roof on it with a nice heater and a hole to **** out of! You would then be all set [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] What gun do you use for prarie dogs? I am thinking of getting a .22-250. We defanitly have to get together and shoot some stuff! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hows it going?

the 22-250 or 223 is probably your two finest guns for prarie dogs from what i have been told they are cheap to shoot and flat shooting. i have my old .243 savage lol cheapest gun ever built yet it is the sweetest lil thing i have ever shot. and my deerstand will have a sunflower heater in it and a roof. lol go to www.centralboiler.com thats where i work and i got all scrap and scratched parts from work and my stand will look exactly like one of the stoves. hey if you are looking at getting into a business up there that would be a good one to get into we don't send that terribly many stoves up to alaska. and about the prarie dogs well a person has to go out at least once a year and shoot a bunch of helpless little animals to prove to ourselves that we aren't at the bottom of the food chain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] god PETA hates me.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Got Milk!
Default Hows it going?

Hey weez, very interesting boiler info. My wife and I want to build our own house when we get back to MN, do you sell this things or how do you know about them? Man I would love to just come out and spend a day sitting on a hill in South Dakota and pluck prairie dogs! Do you have a specific plan you are following for the deer stand? Like do you have the "blueprints" or anything like it? I would be interested to see it!

Old 08-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hows it going?

that is where i work i assemble them well today i just goofed off for about 10 hours got to drive the sweeper around and stuff. but the deerstand will be 59 inches by 69 inches and 5 feet ten inches high to the bottom of the roof then i supposed the roof gives me another 2 and a half feet. right now i got my frame welded for the bottom just gotta build the walls. i get all the stuff from work for free all the tin, corners, rafters, got a lil door from work, and the roof trim. we built one for mom last year exactly like that but we put a balcony on hers and regular stairs going up so it is easy for her to get into it. i do honestly believe that is the perfect size for a stand not to big and not to small. that would be awesome to sit on a hill in SD shooting prarie dogs then after the guns go away sit there and drink a couple cold beers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] that would be the life. so you guys are looking at moving back to MN huh where bouts you gonna move to in this god aweful state? lol sorry.

Old 08-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Got Milk!
Default Hows it going?

Sounds like good times weez! Things are a little up in the air with us right now, but we would like to move back to MN this fall. It is still my favorite state! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hows it going?

but but but the mosquitos and the ugly landscape and the cold miserable winters. oh don't rule out the iron range that is a very very nice area around the eveleth, gilbert area and i was told that marshall minnesota is really nice one of my buddies was just there.

Old 08-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Got Milk!
Default Hows it going?

HA, the Minnesota mosqetos are nothing compared to the Alaska ones!!! They are as big as barn sparros up here! We love the Grand Rapids area and Duluth the best. Some place where we can get to a nice lake. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hows it going?

i would go with duluth personally and minnesota is highest at risk for people to get west nile then any other state. and when i was in alaska i can't remember the mosquitoes being that bad but i never did go into the swamp or woods when i was there.

Quick Reply: Hows it going?