Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Help,,MudLites or Dirt Devils

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help,,MudLites or Dirt Devils

This is my first wheeler and I just want the best tire for my buck. I have a 03 Cat 500 Auto. I am looking at mostly good traction for plowing snow,but will be doing some( limited) mudding. I just dont want a wimpy tire. It seems that the prices are mostly comparable. And if I go with the mud lites, should I go with the new deeper lug,would they wear longer,,,will they have a worse ride. I have heard a lot about mudbugs, but I cant seem to find them for sale anywhere,,,where would a guy find them. Thanks for any info.

Old 09-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

I have no experience with Mudlites but I don't know how I could be more satisfied then with Dirt Devils. I have been in mud and water up to my headlites, extreme rock crawling and high speed on pavement (NOT SMART) and gravel roads and they performed 10 times better than the radials I had. I have over a thousand miles now and by the looks of the wear, I will get 3-4 thousand miles out of them.
I do know that the Mudlites are lighter than the DD's but the DD's were cheaper at Rocky Mountain ATV.

Old 09-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

Go for the DDs if you want more bang for your buck,the lites will do a little better in the mud but will not last near as long.The DDs are one of the best wearing tires I have seen,good all around tire.IMHO

Old 09-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

My main concern would be snow,,that is what I will want the best traction in. Like I said,I will do very little serious mudding.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my Dirt devils and will be getting a new back set in prob 1 more year.... put alot of miles on them... front still look like new....oh and in PA we get a good bit of snow in the mountains never gotten stuck yet...go with the DD's

Old 09-25-2005, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

What about the swamp foxes? Is anybody running those ?

Old 09-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Range Rover

I have had mine through one winter. Used the quad around my, my parrent's, and a friend's neighborhoods when the snow was to much for anything other than quads and 4X4's. They worked great!! I even did some trail riding at a friend's farm. The only problem I had was when the machine "broke through" and ended up half up to its headlights. I ended up pushing the snow untill I could get back on top. Nothing low range did not take care of.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Trailblazer

I assume that you had Swamp Foxes thru 1 winter.

Old 09-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer

My dad has them on his Honda 300 4x4. They are way better than stock but I am not sure how they compare to anything else (dirt devil, mudlite, etc.)

Old 09-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got mudlites and they have good traction, but not a lot of life. been riding on pavement for 1-2 months and they have worn a bit down the center

Quick Reply: Help,,MudLites or Dirt Devils