Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

dynatek cdi & Primary Spring ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynatek cdi ?

I am looking into getting a dynatek cdi for my 04 650 and was curious as to how all of you are making out with yours?

I see that dynatek lists 2 different model #'s for the 650 (DFS2-13 & DFS10-1) anyone know the differences?

Is dynatek the best place to order one from?

Thanks.

Also, I have had the EPI black secondary since bike was new and am thinking of a replacement primary for better hook up, any thought on which one to get? I have change d out the secondary and reshimed my self how hard is replacing the primary spring? any tips? I primarly use it for plowing snow, towing heavy loads and slow technical trail rides.

thanks again

Old 12-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default dynatek cdi & Primary Spring ?'s

well get the pink primary spring and the tension is set at 0 so all you gotta do is take the 8 bolts i think it is to take the cover off the clutch and pull the spring out and put the new one in very simple task. as for cdi's i am very happy with my dynatek cdi it's been everything i asked for and then some. i did burn out the cdi this last summer, smoke just started coming out from under the seat and i called them sent it back and within a few days i had my new one. those few days that i had to use my stock cdi i didn't even wanna ride it, it felt so gutless.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

weez, thanks for the reply! got the cdi today and am waiting on installing the new spring till after the holiday. Did you have to rejet for the cdi? will the cover on the primary slide over the retaining bolt? I just took a look at it and would like any info you can help with before I tare into that one.

Thanks again,
Mike

Old 12-25-2005, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

hey mike yeah the cover will slide over you don't need a clutch puller, i almost made that mistake. and no i didn't need to rejet for the cdi all it did was advance the timing it was one of those nice plug and play features and trust me you will love it. i don't even wanna ride mine without the cdi in it now after you get the power you don't wanna give it up. good luck and have fun.