Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Anyone had the chance trying the new mudlite radials

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had the chance trying the new mudlite radials

Hello, new to the website and this forum. This is exactly the kind of sight i need,looking forward to it.My question is i am looking for new tires to put on my 04 650,but it seems the choices are endless.I am thinking i will stay with the stock size,have recently installed a dalton clutch kit(awesome),and was wondering if anyone has tried the new mudlite radial tires. Pros - Cons of a radial tire over bias ply.The majority of my riding is done in the alberta foothills and rocky mountains.Mostly muskeg and semi rough to rough trails.I am running goodyear mtr's(26") right now,but find my brother and his friends 600 sportsmans equipped with mudlites have more traction. Having more power is of no significance if you can't get it to the ground.Any help from you,would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 01-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know the radial tire makes mor contact with the ground for better traction. As for the mudlites, I did some research and personally think the Gators are better for mud and snow which would make me think they are a better all around traction tire. Hope this helps!

Old 01-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

radials are diffenetly the way to go, mudlites are good tires i'm not familier with gator's but just remember to check the weight of the tires some are really heavy and could cause alot of ware & tare. try www.4atvtires.com

Old 01-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

I have them and they are awesome in every sense. they improved the handling, steering, ride comfort, and they go through anything. They are very good in the snow also. I have a couple of freinds who have them also and they all love them.

check out ITP.com magazine reviews.