Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Arctic Cat 650 Utility quad vs Yamaha Blaster HAHAHAHA

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arctic Cat 650 Utility quad vs Yamaha Blaster HAHAHAHA

I'll admit that my blaster is a small quad. It's an 05 Blaster that have no engine mods. A guy I work with just bought the new Arctic Cat 650 Utility quad. He thinks he actually stands a chance in a race on the power lines. Did I miss something? Is there something I should know about these quads??? Did a 735 lb four stroke, four wheel drive, driveway plowing utility quad suddendly become fast??? The blaster may only be a 200 CC quad but it's made for racing, weighs 400 lbs less than the Arctic, handles better and is a two stoke. What do you guys think?

Thanks

Old 04-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would put money on my V2 beating your blaster at top end anyday. You might win on take off, but i wouldnt count on top end being in your favor, and i dont even know if you would win on take off. I have a V-Twin, which is known for its low and mid range torque. Im not sure about the H1, catterman has one and could probably help you on that one.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

maybe you missed the part about the powerlines......full of whoops. We won't be racing for 10 miles on a flat road

Old 04-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

The v2 need the low end power and it has a ton of it. It takes a ton of power to move almost 1/2 ton (rider included).

Old 04-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

if you want a fair race take him out on the gravel road and race him flat out. i actually think that would be a pretty close race but they are made for 2 entirely different things the v2 is made for working and can pull a ton even though it is still fun to ride. the blaster is fun to play in the pits with and couldn't pull a radio flyer wagon. i rode the blaster a few years ago and admit it is a fun lil machine and suprisingly has good power for a 200 but i dunno would be interesting.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer

He chose the power lines. I know full well that I would lose on a long flat road. I would never even argue that. Here's the thing: This guys is bashing my blaster because its a 200. He says he will smoke it anywhere. I intend to show him that the blaster is will out perform a utility quad when its on the terrain that it is designed for.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree here, onin a gravel pit, with 90 degree turns, and whoops, and numerous turns, you will have the advantage. Its a sport quad, thats what it does best, against a utility which is made for power , fourwheel drive, and trails. You will win on a race course, but not on a straight run

Old 04-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

i think it depends on how aggressive the riders are. my two friends and i rode on some power lines and one of them has a z 400 the other kawasaki 750 and then i have an arctic cat 500 manual. i didnt stand a chance, 27' tires and a big heavy bike with steep hills. the brute force 750, 27' tires and plenty of power ,but being a heavy bike and trying to steer correctly(bad bump steer) he didnt do to bad. he could have been more aggressive. he didnt win though either. the z 400,plenty of power,light,and aggresive rider wins.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: v2rider
I would put money on my V2 beating your blaster at top end anyday. You might win on take off, but i wouldnt count on top end being in your favor, and i dont even know if you would win on take off. I have a V-Twin, which is known for its low and mid range torque. Im not sure about the H1, catterman has one and could probably help you on that one.
yah the V2 is a better "racer" then the H1. But again it isn't a huge difference. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dont get me wrong Catterman, I think the H1 is a great quad, and if i would of looked into it more, it probably would have been my choice.

Quick Reply: Arctic Cat 650 Utility quad vs Yamaha Blaster HAHAHAHA