Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Cat Warrenty Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat Warrenty Question

My '06 has 250 miles on it since buying it in January. Today I received a letter from the dealer (Gander Mtn.) saying that I must bring the ATV in at 100 miles for service or the warrenty is voided. I didn't see anything in the manual or paperwork from the dealer that said I had to bring it to them. My concern now is that I may have voided the warrenty. Has anyone had an issue like this and did Arctic Cat honor the warrenty?

Old 05-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

No, that letter is crap. There is no "100 mile checkup" for warranty, and it wouldn't be even covered by warranty unless they found something wrong. As far as taking it to another dealer- you can go where ever you want in the US/Can. They can look up and see when and where you bought the machine and how much warranty is left by your vin number. A smaller dealer might not be too willing to do warranty work on a wheeler that was bought at a box store but there is nothing saying you have to go back to Gander..

Matt

Old 05-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Even if you decide to do the service inspection your self and change the fluids and such it will not void your warranty.

I keep a log of all the service and maintenance I do on my machines and it is very handy. I believe it also make it easier if and when you go to sell the thing as it shows prospective buyers you at least care for your stuff.

I believe what they are reffering to is that the "break in" period for your machine could be over and you need to inspect the machine and change the fluids. I think "break in" period is 10 hours or 100 miles or something like that.

That break in inspection and fluid change is not usually covered under warranty unless your dealer CHOOSES to cover that first one.

SJ

Old 05-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Actually you guys are wrong. The owners manual say under "Maintenance Schedule" chart in the General Maintenance section that the oil and filter are to be changed at 100 miles and the warranty can be voided if it isn't done. It is the owners responsibility to read the owners manual and follow the requirements listed.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Bear4570
Actually you guys are wrong. The owners manual say under "Maintenance Schedule" chart in the General Maintenance section that the oil and filter are to be changed at 100 miles and the warranty can be voided if it isn't done. It is the owners responsibility to read the owners manual and follow the requirements listed.
Ture, but it does not say that the service must be done at the dealership.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Catterman
Originally posted by: Bear4570
Ture, but it does not say that the service must be done at the dealership.
Oh, I completely agree and after the first one I've done my own. I also keep recierts to show I bought the oiland filters and a maintenance record so that if there is ever a question I have some type of proof. But when I took it in for that oil change I asked them to check everything over.

Old 05-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Range Rover

Thanks all! I have been changing the oil, making adjustments etc. as the manual says. I just got concerned since this is my first ATV and the letter freaked me out and I've read some horror stories on this site. Good info, thanks.