Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

ARTIC CAT 500 PROBLEMS...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARTIC CAT 500 PROBLEMS...HELP!

My artic cat 500 has been running strong for the last 2 years I had it. Just today I was riding it hard...the gas tank was almost empty so I flew in to the garage and filled up the tank. then it didn't want to start right away and when it started it stalled unless i had my finger on the gas. So I decided to let it cool down for 45mins and still the same thing but this time I rode it for 100ft and it putted 6 times and stalled when I stop. I hear a knocking sound but usually these quads have this sound associated with them.

Can any one suggest to me what it could be?!?!?

Thanks

Old 06-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RIPITorGOHOME
My artic cat 500 has been running strong for the last 2 years I had it. Just today I was riding it hard...the gas tank was almost empty so I flew in to the garage and filled up the tank. then it didn't want to start right away and when it started it stalled unless i had my finger on the gas. So I decided to let it cool down for 45mins and still the same thing but this time I rode it for 100ft and it putted 6 times and stalled when I stop. I hear a knocking sound but usually these quads have this sound associated with them.

Thanks

Sounds like you put some bad gas into the tank. Drain it and fill with fresh fuel from a different gas station. Stop by the auto parts store and get some "Seafoam" and dump it into the tank with the new gas. If this doesn't work, pull the carb, tear it down and make sure all passages are clear and everything is clean. Reassemble and you should be good to go. Anytime you refuel and a problem crops up anymore, it is almost always fuel related.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Bear4570
Originally posted by: RIPITorGOHOME

Thanks

Sounds like you put some bad gas into the tank. Drain it and fill with fresh fuel from a different gas station. Stop by the auto parts store and get some "Seafoam" and dump it into the tank with the new gas. If this doesn't work, pull the carb, tear it down and make sure all passages are clear and everything is clean. Reassemble and you should be good to go. Anytime you refuel and a problem crops up anymore, it is almost always fuel related.
I agreee 100%